Best College Football Rivalry (OU)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best OU Rivalry

• OU VS NEBRASKA

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • OU VS OSU

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • OU VS TEXAS

Votes: 56 62.9%

• Total voters

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A while back there wasn't much that got me lit up like OU vs Nebraska. But nowadays I get excited about OU and OSU more than anything. I think that's because OSU has finally come into its own as a serious national level team. Plus, even though I went to school at OU I Like Gundy, because he's a man. This past season I felt like I'd be a winner no matter which school ended up with the highest score. I don't get all that excited about OU vs Texas. All I know is, if it's a big game there's a 90% chance Stoops will find a way to choke.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vamoose said:
A while back there wasn't much that got me lit up like OU vs Nebraska. But nowadays I get excited about OU and OSU more than anything. I think that's because OSU has finally come into its own as a serious national level team. Plus, even though I went to school at OU I Like Gundy, because he's a man. This past season I felt like I'd be a winner no matter which school ended up with the highest score. I don't get all that excited about OU vs Texas. All I know is, if it's a big game there's a 90% chance Stoops will find a way to choke.

How lucky OU is to have you as a 'fan'.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking how lucky OU is to have all their fans, unless they are down at the half and the stands empty. I, however, am fortunate not to be an OU fan, and that is mostly caused by OU fans. The actual team at OU is not so lucky to have some of their fans, as it reflects poorly on the school, particularly knowing that many of the most rabid (when the TEAM is winning) fans have never been to the school, or even a game. It is also lucky that the school is called the University of Oklahoma, but somehow the initials were transposed and it became OU. This may be because it is easier for the OU fans to spell OU. UO seems.......difficult.

I am extremely fortunate that the team I support is no longer required to participate in the whinygurlfest that is now the Big 12, or is it 10, no, wait, it tis the Texas and Oklahoma conference.

But mostly i am a fan of the Officials, particularly when they make perfectly legitimate calls that are game-changers and are blamed for months for costing OU the (fill in the blank).

carry guy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 70s and 80s, OU-Nebraska was usually the most involving, as it was played late in the season and often determined who won the conference and was headed to the Orange bowl.

For sheer hard hitting and hate between opposing fans, I'd have to give it to OU-Texas.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was thinking how lucky ou is to have all their fans, unless they are down at the half and the stands empty. I, however, am fortunate not to be an ou fan, and that is mostly caused by ou fans. The actual team at ou is not so lucky to have some of their fans, as it reflects poorly on the school, particularly knowing that many of the most rabid (when the team is winning) fans have never been to the school, or even a game. It is also lucky that the school is called the university of oklahoma, but somehow the initials were transposed and it became ou. This may be because it is easier for the ou fans to spell ou. Uo seems.......difficult.

I am extremely fortunate that the team i support is no longer required to participate in the whinygurlfest that is now the big 12, or is it 10, no, wait, it tis the texas and oklahoma conference.

But mostly i am a fan of the officials, particularly when they make perfectly legitimate calls that are game-changers and are blamed for months for costing ou the (fill in the blank).
lol dont get so much butthurt just cuz your school sucks

Latest posts

Top Bottom