Best concealment area for bigger guy....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As in I have a gut, and sit down 90 percent of the day. So the standard belt or waist area wont work. Im thinking my only other option would be calf area. I was wanting to hear any ideas???? Im not sure yet what ill be carrying, i was waiting on figuring where, then i can figure how much room i have there!

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My two favorite ways to carry are (1) pocket carry (pm9, s&w 442, etc.) in cargo shorts or (2) iwb belt carry at around 5:30 (near small of back). I can barely pull off the iwb, but a Glock 19 in a CompTac CTAC is compact and easy to carry while still offering a full size grip and capability. Good luck!

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are a bigger guy you should have no issues concealing IWB. Have you tried a quality holster at about 3 to 4? I like to put my ccw at 4 o'clock where the slide and back strap is just under my rib cage. A quality holster makes all the difference. It would be easier to make a recommendation if I knew what you will be carrying.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good belt ..like a Looper...,MTAC...Comptac...Crossbreed Holster..you should be able to pull off a full size , or compact..M&p, Glock...heck even a 1911...I slide mine around to about 4:30- 5...ohh and like me ...I had to work on the gut a little..buy pants a size bigger around the waist...I got mine comfortable in a couple months...( and you kinda get used to it)

HillClimber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would consider my self a bigger guy i have a glock 19 with crossbreed iwb and have no problems. Just use some leather conditioner to help get the holster broke in. And as twoguns said it will take some getting used to and comfortable with it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would consider my self a bigger guy i have a glock 19 with crossbreed iwb and have no problems. Just use some leather conditioner to help get the holster broke in. And as twoguns said it will take some getting used to and comfortable with it.

Careful on any leather conditioner, unless Hillclimber is just talking about the backing on a hybrid rig like a Crossbreed like I think he is. With a leather holster, you go and get that thing too soft and floppy and you'll ruin it. If it's any kind of decent holster, the makers will advise against anything but maybe the ocasional buff up with some kiwi shoe polish, but other than Mitch Rosen's Leather Lightning, avoid mink oil or any leather softener kinds of stuff .... please. IMO, best way to break in a holster is to wear it...with your GUN IN IT.

MDO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the recomendations. I would say im an extremely big guy, 6' about 245, i just have the spare tire going on. I dont see how with that, a holster at 3-4:30 would really be concealed. I think it would pull tight against my tishirt. I havent decided on the gun, yet, bc i want to go as big as possible caliber wise, but where im sticking it, limits my options as far as the size of the gun. I think though as much ackward moving i do, when i do move during the day, i will probably be looking at a compact 9 semi. When i do have to "work" im normally crawling under a vehicle looking at something or rolling around the floor!

Latest posts

Top Bottom