best place in OKC for Tatoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just be sure they can spell if there is any lettering involved! I just saw a photo on facebook a woman had 'Hopelless" on one leg and "Romantic" on the other. Oh well, I reckon one out of two ain't bad. Or maybe she wanted it that way, I don't know.

As for me, NO WAY! I don't mind getting a shot if I just have to have one, but not 40 gazillion shots all in the same day. Call me chicken if you want, I can live with it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call me chicken if you want, I can live with it.

Every shot I've had has hurt worse than my tattoos... with one exception...

Near the top of my right shoulder, where the collarbone lands... must be something that confuses the brain, because I didn't feel it at all there - I felt it in my left testicle. It was a *weird* sensation.

That said, I don't think you're chicken for not wanting one. Everyone should be free to make their own decisions.

The one that I felt the absolute least was my wedding band. It's just a simple "S" with a line on each side. Several artists advised against doing the palm side because of excessive skin wear, so our wedding bands (hers is a "B") technically only go halfway around the finger.

By the way, some people seem to forget that tattoo artists are *artists*. That means different artists will have different styles, so it's imperative to first find artists with the style that you want. And the guys in the industry can sometimes recognize another artist's work on sight.

I got my first tattoo from a guy named "Waylon" at OKC Tattoo at 44th/High in early 2006. When I got my second tattoo a few years later, I got asked multiple times "did Waylon do that one?". Same thing happens with my second tattoo - I get asked if Mike Thurman did it.

I'm currently considering a half sleeve or 3/4 sleeve - but that depends on me finding the right artist first. (Only reason to not do a full sleeve is I still deal a lot with suits that don't care for tattoos at all and sleeves can sometimes ride up unexpectedly.)

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My tattoo is on the top of my arm (probably the most common place) and lemme tell ya...it HURT LIKE HELL despite already being on strong pain meds at the time. It lasted about 2 1/2 hours from what I was told, I just remember the pain lol. I knew it would hurt but I didn't expect it to hurt as much as it did but then it was about twice the size as what I had in mind when I first went in.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My tattoo is on the top of my arm (probably the most common place) and lemme tell ya...it HURT LIKE HELL despite already being on strong pain meds at the time. It lasted about 2 1/2 hours from what I was told, I just remember the pain lol. I knew it would hurt but I didn't expect it to hurt as much as it did but then it was about twice the size as what I had in mind when I first went in.

I'm pushing around 150 hours worth of work, my right arm from the shoulder cap to the wrist is done and both legs from just below the the knees down to my ankles. It's all black and gray stuff so there is not much space anywhere in them that has not had a needle in it. Lots of it has been gone over several times to get the right amount of darkness in it. I second that it all hurts like hell!! I really thought at some point I would get used to it, I didn't!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom