Best scope for AR-10?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Browdenil

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi there,
Just a quick question. I've been looking around and a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of scopes for AR-10. I was wondering if anyone had everyone thought the best scope for AR-10 would be.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
what's your primary use? hunting scopes would need less magnification (4 powerish) on the low end than shooting sports scopes. FFP, SFP? Need a tree or is a BDC okay? From there it's a matter of what you want to pay for glass.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it all depends on what you want to do with your rifle. Long range or not, brushy or open country, hunting meat or plinking just paper, etc. I put a Nikon P-308 on mine the other day.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi there,
Just a quick question. I've been looking around and a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of scopes for AR-10. I was wondering if anyone had everyone thought the best scope for AR-10 would be.
Before injecting my opinion, did you take the blue or red pill ?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Before you look to answering all the previous questions, look at your budget and go from there. Are you cheap? Do you have extra money to blow? Are you somewhere in the middle?
A lot of dudes want to be Carlos Hathcock with a trailer park budget, so they continually buy junk over and over and over.

I can tell you the top five scopes I would or have put on a gas gun but I'm 95% sure most people wouldn't buy them...they'd go cheap.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of dudes want to be Carlos Hathcock with a trailer park budget,
I’m gonna have to steal this phrase, lol.

on my AR10 I have the sight mark wolfhound 6x44 with the 308 BDC reticule. I like it, it’s affordable, and works well as an all around solution for me. But, it doesn’t get used a lot because the rifle is heavy enough to also get used as a boat anchor.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your question could yield scopes from $200 to over $5,000. "Best" is a relative term.

Maybe if you rephrased your question to something like, "I have an AR10 in XXX caliber that I plan on using for XXX and XXX. Ranges will typically be around XXX but on occasion I would like to stretch its legs out to XXX range. "

I prefer: first focal plane (FFP) or
second focal plane (SFP)

Mil/Mil or
MOA/MOA (This in in relation to reticle/turret adjustments) I've seen some scopes that are Mil/MOA

Illuminated or
Non-Illuminated

Reticle: Christmas tree,
Mil dot,
BDC,
Crosshair,
Duplex,
Dot or
German

Exposed turrets or
Capped turrets

Locking turrets or
Nonlocking turrets

Zero stop (tool or toolless) or
Non Zero stop

Min/Max magnification

Tube diameter: 1", 30mm, 34mm or 35mm
Objective diameter: 24mm, 40mm, 44mm, 50mm, or 56mm

Chinese glass
Philippine glass
Japanese glass
European glass

Minimum parallax?

My preference to country of origin is, XXXXXXX

My budget is $$$ or $,$$$

Fill in the blanks and make a few decisions and you'll probably get some very good suggestions from folks very knowledgeable here.

Good luck with your search.

Last edited:

Mpalmer

Marksman
Reaction score
Hi there,
The best scope will be the one that fits your needs.
The best scope is going to be something like a Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II or Trijicon VCOG 1-6x24 and I am sure there are also have a lot of good scopes for AR10.
These are the great scopes for any AR10.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom