Best wings for Super Bowl?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

OkStateMET

1st - BWW is Terrible!!! No meat, mostly just bread and junk!

2nd - Wings to go in tulsa is by far the best, anything else is a bold face lie! IMO

Very best wings in Tulsa are without a doubt WING RUN. Its with the drive LoL well maybe not :$

I usually go with Rocket Fuel, Kamakazi, and hotter.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best you can buy would be the Mango Habanero with blue cheese dressing from BWW. The best you could make would be grill the wings on a gas or charcoal grill until done. Use a bottle of Franks hot sauce or Franks Hot Wing Sauce but add about a 1/4 cup of honey and a 1/4 cup of brown sugar to the sauce and bring it to a boil on the stove..After the wings are done, start brushing the sauce on the wings until it starts to caramelize and get real sticky and a little crispy...WOW, about all I can say.....

This. The taste is delicious and the heat is sublime.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you wanna save some money and make your own, we bought a 10lb frozen bag of wings from walmart, not sure what brand they were. And a couple packs of buffalo wing stuff, it comes in the packs like brown gravy mix and other meat spices. Mixed it all together and put them in the oven, they were pretty good, but just a bit on the small side. Prob spent $15 for about 50 wings, so thats something to think about.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I marinate 4lbs of wings, $8, overnight in Franks, $1.25, wing sauce. Then I grill them and get about 30 wings, $20 worth. Wings are WAY TO OVER PRICED to buy from a restuarant. The only time I eat wings at Hooters is on Thunder game days when I can get buy 10 get 10.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take raw chicken legs/wings and baste them in a olive oil/cayenne pepper/papricka/lemon juice mixture and refrigerate for a little while.

mix some flower, paprika, cayenne pepper, and garlic salt as a breading.
Crack some eggs into a bowl and brush (so it doesn't wash baste mixture off) mixed egg onto wings and coat them in breading.

Put some oil in a pan (i use a skillet and vegetable oil) and fry those wings till they're done. Usually 6-10 minutes a side or so.

Wings are ready.

You can sauce as you like, but I prefer either a traditional wing sauce or a spicy ranch.
I don't have a good recipe for traditional, but you can use pioneer woman (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/09/wings/)
I make buttermilk ranch from scratch and add sriracha sauce to make it spicy ranch and dip wings straight.

I have my wings marinating in the rub until it gets closer to game time however I forgot to baste them in the olive oil in the first step, am i ok or is it crucial to the process?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am not a fan of BWW, Hooter's, or Pizza Hut wings.

If you like big REAL chicken wings, get a couple dozen fried wings from Homeland Deli, and apply Louisiana Hot Sauce as you like it. Good stuff Maynard!

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try this sometimes:

Buffalo Chicken Dip

6 chicken breast, bottle of Franks buffalo wing sauce, 8 oz. sour cream, 8 oz. ranch dressing and shredded cheddar cheese.
step 1: boil the chicken till done, drain, cool and shred with hands. Preheat oven to 350.
step 2: put chicken into 9x13 pan and cover with whole bottle of wing sauce and mix together. Put in oven for 10 min.
step 3: mix sour cream and ranch together and top chicken mix, put back in oven for 10 min.
step 4: top this with shredded cheese and put back in oven until cheese is melted to the way you like it, I like the cheese to melt and start browning.
step 5: serve with Frito scoops

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
woah momma, i had the wings marinate in the rub for about 6 hours and I put them in my fryer until crispy and they came out AMAZING. Franks sauce took them to a whole new level. This recipe is definitely getting written down and put into the game food lineup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom