Beware of who in your past has your social

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you pay them off, it can still be on your credit, and you've given up any leverage you had.

Creditboards.com

Learn your right, and what their responsibilities are. You might actually end up making money on this deal if they are in violation, which these companies frequently are.

If you pay them off for something you don't owe without even learning your rights in the matter, then essentially you shouldn't whine about it, IMNSHO.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you pay them off, it can still be on your credit, and you've given up any leverage you had.

Creditboards.com

Learn your right, and what their responsibilities are. You might actually end up making money on this deal if they are in violation, which these companies frequently are.

If you pay them off for something you don't owe without even learning your rights in the matter, then essentially you shouldn't whine about it, IMNSHO.

My intention of this thread isn't to whine is to give some people who would have never thought about this like me a heads up.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Creditboards.com

this is correct. I wouldnt pay anything ever, you didnt borrow the money, you owe nothing.

Check your credit report, if its not on there by now its a scam. If it is on there, when was it placed?

Bottom line, know your rights and stand up for them.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On man that su¢ks.

I'd contact an attorney, pay them an "outright"fee or the cost of their legal opinion.

Get their advice as to what to do right now AND in the future. You may need to go to court on this one for legal protection and documentation. At least with legal advice you have some direction.

Waaay back in my past, even as a kid, it amazed me at some old timers that I knew who would put their SS# on their tools and some of their guns. Their thinking was protection and easy identification on recovered items from theft. I wondered why they would want the world to know their SS#.

Cohiba

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
On man that su¢ks.

I'd contact an attorney, pay them an "outright"fee or the cost of their legal opinion.

Get their advice as to what to do right now AND in the future. You may need to go to court on this one for legal protection and documentation. At least with legal advice you have some direction.

Waaay back in my past, even as a kid, it amazed me at some old timers that I knew who would put their SS# on their tools and some of their guns. Their thinking was protection and easy identification on recovered items from theft. I wondered why they would want the world to know their SS#.

Cohiba

My old lawn mower had my grandpa's ss on it but I wire wheeled it off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom