Would you like a donut with that cup of Joe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
French crullers are my fave, but simply dont seem to exist here, next best is Bavarian cream.

I recommend Andeez Donuts on 15th in Edmond, they are a little different, like yellow and fluffier. They have a Maple Bacon donut that's bomb, peach fritter is good too.

1691347200442.png

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not me. I'm very happy to get rid of donuts considering I've lost almost 120 pounds in the last year. I'm willing to make the trade off. 😆 😆

I wish I had thar kind of willpower. I do about most things like drinking and smoking. I ditched both of them 18 years ago and never looked back.

But to give up donuts? I dunno man. They're coply!

political correct donuts.jpg

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are evil! I’m on a no added sugar diet to get down to where I should be. 🤬🤬🤬
As a youngster my father called me “The Doughnut Kid”. I could eat a half dozen without even blinking. I like’m all, glazed, jelly filled, maple bars, buttermilk, apple fritters and cinnamon rolls to name a few. I do allow myself a “cheat” once a week and I just may go grab a few and have at. To be honest all pastries are my nemesis.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I deliver to the 7th Heaven bakery(7/11 bakery donuts and baked goods are made here). The manager used to hook me up with cake sized boxes filled with whatever baked goods or donuts they made!! One day, one of the guys asked me if I wanted a maple and bacon long john. I asked, "Bacon? Well, sure I'll try one of those" ohhhh boy, was it good. Problem with donuts though with me, like someone said earlier, the fried bread messes with my stomach.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are evil! I’m on a no added sugar diet to get down to where I should be. 🤬🤬🤬
As a youngster my father called me “The Doughnut Kid”. I could eat a half dozen without even blinking. I like’m all, glazed, jelly filled, maple bars, buttermilk, apple fritters and cinnamon rolls to name a few. I do allow myself a “cheat” once a week and I just may go grab a few and have at. To be honest all pastries are my nemesis.

Yeah, I've limited my cheat to about once (maybe twice :wink2:) a week as well.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
French crullers are my fave, but simply dont seem to exist here...
They have them now at Dunkin' in Tulsa at 68th & Memorial but they are a different formulation than the traditional East Coast recipe. Probably due to the Oklahoma receipe not having eggs. The Dunkin' stores back east cannot serve French Crullers after noon.
When I moved to Tulsa in 1987 there was one Dunkin' shop and it closed within a year due to the competition from Daylight. Several years ago I found a Daylight that made traditional French Crullers at 21st and Memorial and then they quit making them because Daylight changed the formulation and it would not work with the shops equipment to make the pinwheel pattern donuts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom