Would you like a donut with that cup of Joe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a big fan of donuts, but since my surgery I have to avoid them as much as possible. Too filling and too many carbs for me at one time. That isn't too say that I don't have them at all, but I'm limited to about half a donut every couple months now, which is for the best. When I do get them, chocolate cake donuts with chocolate glaze is my go to. Unfortunately, also because of the surgery, chocolate milk is out now. ☹️

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 40 years ago I was managing a convenience store next to OCU here in Edmond. The donut shop we bought from had great apple fritters, but every St Patrick's day they would put green food coloring in them. Still tasted great but looked like a cow pie. Had all kinds of jokes about them but we sold out every time.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a big fan of donuts, but since my surgery I have to avoid them as much as possible. Too filling and too many carbs for me at one time. That isn't too say that I don't have them at all, but I'm limited to about half a donut every couple months now, which is for the best. When I do get them, chocolate cake donuts with chocolate glaze is my go to. Unfortunately, also because of the surgery, chocolate milk is out now. ☹️

Sorry, bro. :comfort:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Simple glazed usually for me, but some folks at work have brought in Hurts Donuts from Norman. Pink isn't really my color, but their Homer donut is ridiculously good.

View attachment 399557

These too:
View attachment 399558
Hurt’s has the best assortment, and the best flavor of all the places I’ve tried, and I have tried many, in many cities, in many states!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My three favorites, the Old Fashioned

1691345230991.png

Apple Fritter

1691345276398.png

And my current love, the Jalapeno Kolache

1691345400591.png

When I was on Hoots I made sure the donut man got to work safely almost every morning. I used to watch him punch in the donuts with his machine, then with a long stick, flip the old fashioned donuts in the little 3 foot by 3 foot oil fryer. Oh My God! Heaven at 3 a.m.!!!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My three favorites, the Old Fashioned

View attachment 399643

Apple Fritter

View attachment 399644

And my current love, the Jalapeno Kolache

View attachment 399646

When I was on Hoots I made sure the donut man got to work safely almost every morning. I used to watch him punch in the donuts with his machine, then with a long stick, flip the old fashioned donuts in the little 3 foot by 3 foot oil fryer. Oh My God! Heaven at 3 a.m.!!!

Those are literally in my top 5!

Latest posts

Top Bottom