Would you like a donut with that cup of Joe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a little hole-in-the-wall donut place over here by the house. It is owned/run by a Vietnamese family. Best stinking glazed donut I've ever tasted. And I didn't think anyone could do it better than Daylight Donuts, back in the day. I am a sucker for a good apple fritter ... 🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩

In fact ... I'll be right back guys! (damn you, Evan!!! 🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩)

😂😂😂😂😂
Independent Asian-owned doughnut shops are the best.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a little hole-in-the-wall donut place over here by the house. It is owned/run by a Vietnamese family. Best stinking glazed donut I've ever tasted. And I didn't think anyone could do it better than Daylight Donuts, back in the day. I am a sucker for a good apple fritter ... 🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩

In fact ... I'll be right back guys! (damn you, Evan!!! 🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩)

😂😂😂😂😂
That's because they mix cocaine with the flour.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Independent Asian-owned doughnut shops are the best.

We used to have one in my work town. I would usually get a chocolate milk and an apple fritter, or a couple of old fashioned or whatever, and they would toss a handful of donut holes in the sack. Good people.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I ate them Shipley's was da bomb!
Shipley's was pretty good the last time I had them. Unlike literally everything else in Brownwood, Texas, Shipley's was actually open on Christmas morning. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have run into Shipley's so my Christmas dinner that year wouldn't have entirely come out of a vending machine...

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have them now at Dunkin' in Tulsa at 68th & Memorial but they are a different formulation than the traditional East Coast recipe. Probably due to the Oklahoma receipe not having eggs. The Dunkin' stores back east cannot serve French Crullers after noon.
When I moved to Tulsa in 1987 there was one Dunkin' shop and it closed within a year due to the competition from Daylight. Several years ago I found a Daylight that made traditional French Crullers at 21st and Memorial and then they quit making them because Daylight changed the formulation and it would not work with the shops equipment to make the pinwheel pattern donuts.
I've never been to the east coast. Out west they were usually in Vietnamese owned shops and had a texture almost like a cream puff, very eggy.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I had thar kind of willpower. I do about most things like drinking and smoking. I ditched both of them 18 years ago and never looked back.

But to give up donuts? I dunno man. They're coply!

View attachment 399673

Love it! I'm gonna add it to my repetoire - rapetwua - reper -eh- I'm gonna add it to my list of stolen gems!

Woody

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I want Dunkin' to make Jelly Sticks too...

1691361267204.png

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I had thar kind of willpower. I do about most things like drinking and smoking. I ditched both of them 18 years ago and never looked back.

But to give up donuts? I dunno man. They're coply!

View attachment 399673
Believe me, it's definitely not will power that keeps me from having them. It's how they affect me now. Just look up dumping syndrome and you'll see why I avoid donuts almost completely. And regret it when I don't. 😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom