Bill would require all Oklahoma voters to re-register, show birth certificate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In todays environment people should be required to register to vote in person and also there should be a cut off date or you are sol. Then the county offices need to staff up and clean the rolls and be required to verify each and every registration. Show up at the poll without voter id? And proof? No vote.

0bserver

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder when they will go back to only allowing property owners to vote?
Hopefully sooner than later. New owners who have been in the state less than 2 years shouldn't be able to vote also. Keep those Commiefornia transplants from bringing their stupidity in and allow them to assimilate first.

Assimilation would be attending at least 4 fish fries a year, bag at least 1 deer (with or without vehicle), and standing and saying the pledge of allegiance every day for each of those 2 years with video evidence.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
sure, okay. but why stop there, if a birth certificate is required to get back on the voting roll then why not allow same day voter registration. Make it simpler for voters who weren't aware of the change and/or new voters to simply show up, show ID and a birth certificate, and vote.

Why make voting harder if you are simply worried about taking steps to protect the process from fraud.
I'd be good with the states having to computerize their birth and death records. They could be checked immediately online. The same way each state has professional licensing boards with electronic verification.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But she can read, write and speak English now, right? Should be easy.

Yes of course. She is a (minor) executive at a major OG company now.

And she didn't need the translating. What I meant is her BC is obviously in Arabic/French and we had to hire a translation service to get an English translation copy to turn in with the original to Immigration. Has to be done for people that were born in non English speaking countries that want to get US Citizenship.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes of course. She is a (minor) executive at a major OG company now.

And she didn't need the translating. What I meant is her BC is obviously in Arabic/French and we had to hire a translation service to get an English translation copy to turn in with the original to Immigration. Has to be done for people that were born in non English speaking countries that want to get US Citizenship.
I see. I only asked because being able to read, write and speak English is a requirement of citizenship. But I see where the confusion came in. My bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom