Bill would require all Oklahoma voters to re-register, show birth certificate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
low information voters won't jump through hoops to vote, because they don't really care

Taking advantage of those people is part of how ballot harvesting works
I guess high information voters like yourself have time to jump through hoops to exercise a constitutional right. Look up my name on the rolls, ask for my ID and let me vote.
I’ll admit I sometimes leave some blank on my ballot if I’m not well informed on some. I’m not going in and checking R or D across the board.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In todays environment people should be required to register to vote in person and also there should be a cut off date or you are sol. Then the county offices need to staff up and clean the rolls and be required to verify each and every registration. Show up at the poll without voter id? And proof? No vote.
There is a cutoff date.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s a little bit of a PITA but doable. My wife let her DL get more than a year out of date. The BC was required as ID. We had to get hers from Albuquerque.
My wife had her’s expired. I went to the health department to verify and got a new one. They looked at her expired license and issued her a new BC. What a joke this state is becoming. I missed a half day of work.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is nothing more than another deep state play.
there is 9 months left to election, how long do you think it takes to get this passed in all states, and, process all 350,000,000 or whatever registered voters?
They know it cant happen before Nov.
Probably never.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess high information voters like yourself have time to jump through hoops to exercise a constitutional right. Look up my name on the rolls, ask for my ID and let me vote.
I’ll admit I sometimes leave some blank on my ballot if I’m not well informed on some. I’m not going in and checking R or D across the board.
Yes, you should have to jump through a hoop or two to prove you are a legit voter. Especially in todays world.

You DO want fair elections......dont you?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There shouldn't be any question on the legitimacy of the voter roll.
They don't seem to have a problem with Social Security. Mom passed on the 4th. Her check was deposited on the 5th. Received a letter on the 7th that her deposit had been refunded.

They can keep it straight, when they want to.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, you should have to jump through a hoop or two to prove you are a legit voter. Especially in todays world.

It’s really not that hard to get a replacement BC. Heck if you apply by mail, fill out a form,and get this a photocopy of your state. ID. The same one you present when you vote at the polls.
It’s really not necessary and is mental masturbation.
Heck, I’ve never heard about voter fraud in a major election in Oklahoma in my 34 years of being registered.
It does seem like there was corruption in Little Dixie years ago in local races, but I was too young back then.

gunnut918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know of people who have multiple people using the same birth certificate. I guess the first one to the poll gets to vote? Same with ss number.
To start with this sounds to be fraud. Not saying this is the way to change voting but something needs done nation wide. Heard stories about lengthy wait on BC also. When I changed to real I D had to get mine. Got online and found company that did that sort thing. Cost $30. or so but had it in less than two weeks.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

How many times should you need to do this if you've been a consistent voter? I could see maybe requiring it for folks who miss multiple elections, but for people who've been registered for years and have voted in dozens of elections what's the point?

Latest posts

Top Bottom