Bill would require all Oklahoma voters to re-register, show birth certificate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many times should you need to do this if you've been a consistent voter? I could see maybe requiring it for folks who miss multiple elections, but for people who've been registered for years and have voted in dozens of elections what's the point?
Everytime would be fine with me.

EVERY SINGLE ELECTION

clear enough for you?

Im 100% sick of election cheating

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder when they will go back to only allowing property owners to vote?

Actually may not be a bad idea to allow only those who pay taxes to vote. However I can see how some may be disenfranchised by that, maybe a carve out for retired individuals who have paid taxes in the past.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, if we are gonna restrict people’s right to vote why stop with property owners only. How about retirees that sale their house to go to a retirement center. Sorry you don’t have your property deed with you.
Bring your BC if you aren’t a natural born citizen like a president is required. Sorry
If your BC is issued from another state, go back there and vote. Sorry
If you are older than a certain age, bring a certificate of cognitive ability with you to vote.
Why not bring back the poll tax?
We don’t want any low information voters here and there should be hoops to jump through.😵‍💫

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about property that is owned by companies and corporations? Out of state companies and corporations.
And Trusts?
Seems like a mess of worms when you dig into it.
SCOTUS said corporations are people. They're like super people actually. They CEO should probably get to vote on behalf of all his employees even. Based on CEO pay they are obviously smarter, better, and harder working than everyone else, so why should they have a vote worth 100,000:1 since their Giant Corp. is considered a "people".

Yes, you should have to jump through a hoop or two to prove you are a legit voter. Especially in todays world.

You DO want fair elections......dont you?
Funny thing --- When Democrats and other gun-control folks talk about that people "should have to jump through a hoop or two" this community gets all up in arms about it. But when it comes to voting, it seems like lots more people are happy to infringe.

Everytime would be fine with me.

EVERY SINGLE ELECTION

clear enough for you?

Im 100% sick of election cheating
Can you point out, from a valid news source, what percentage of election results have been flipped or compromised by election cheating? To be clear, I will absolutely say that there are irregularities. There's even cases where people have committed fraud. But I have not personally seen anything substantively pointing out that these irregularities actually resulted in a changed outcome of a given race.

As it's been stated in the thread, there's just no reason that Oklahoma, one of the reddest states in the Union, can justify this based on a history or pattern of election problems compared to the imposition on the people that it would cause. In my opinion, it would be like how the MTA in NYC appears to have paid 150million in money to police to catch subway fare skippers that cost the MTA 105 thousand. Which, if my math is right, and the numbers are accurate, that is a net loss of $149,895,000.00 in money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom