Black widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lifted up a bowl in the kitchen yesterday and there was a good-sized wolf spider there. I said "What are you doing there, spider? You can't cook dinner. Go on, I have meat to cook. Go, shoo, go kill some ****."

My wife, from the other room, says "Who are you talking to?"

She'd never really seen a wolf spider, so I called her in and showed her the spider. We talked about its identifying marks. I offered to catch it to show her more about what it looked like, but she declined.

The spider made its way off somewhere, undoubtedly to murder some flies or something cool. That's the second time I've seen this one.
My wife is ok with it being in the house because it means fewer brown recluses.

Do wolf spiders eat brown recluses? I was walking through my bedroom tonight and I kicked something mid-step. I look down to see a wolf spider running away from me. I've seen bigger, but this guy was no sissy. Big enough that I kicked him (much like you would a small stone on your back porch) a couple of feet across the carpet and felt it in my foot. His legs looked fine, he [she?] looked fine, so I probably just scared it. I told my wife I just kicked a gigantic wolf spider across the carpet and she got upset with me because I left it alone to crawl away and do its thing.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This evening, once its dark, take your flash light and hold it up to your forehead and sweep the beam across your yard. All those little green and blue shiny dots... Thems spiders!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
stuffucanuse.com_thumbnail_pictures_Spider_breeding.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom