Brass reloading question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihawk1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you ussually can reload aluminum cases just make sure its not a berdan cases (two small holes on the side of the primer pocket) and its also ussually a one and done thing too.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My worry was it was one and done the first time. I presume to look close at the shell and inspect it well before each load as done with any shell before reloading.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have shot the cci aluminum cases 3 times now from my 45acp do not over work the brass.
I barely flare the case mouth and no crimp when done...I use lee carbide dies and lee 200gr lee liquid alox lubed bullets
They do not move in the case..not a hot load..just low to medium plinker stuff.

after 3 firings these aluminum cases still look like day one..
OH the steel Tula 45's are also Great for reloading...fact these will take pretty high pressures

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you people here that say do not reload it, have ever reloaded it?????
Or are you all sheep..?
All ammo cases can fail.
Had a buddy here saturday and i was showing him the aluminum cases...Notice the flare on the aluminum case..that is too much flair.
Over working the case.....now that aluminum case i allowed him to flare to get the feel of it..It has been fired 3 times.
Notice the brass winchester case on the right in the pic..It has been fired 4 times....always below max loads..NOTICE the split in the brass case....Only one that split in the entire bunch that i shot sunday...That load was 4.5gr bullseye and 200gr cast bullet.
Maybe a week spot maybe a stress riser... 45 fail 002.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom