Budget remodel supplies stores?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know "budget" and building materials are probably on ends of the spectrum from each other currently, but I have to ask. Any recommendations for stores that sell budget priced remodel goods? Like flooring, insulation, sheetrock, etc. Doesn't have to be the same place for all. We have bought flooring from the budget floor store on Reno by Mathis Bros, and will be checking it again. We bought a 1000 sq ft house next door to us at sheriffs sale a few days ago, and it needs WORK! It will be for my parents eventually, after work is done. Looking for spots in OKC/Lawton/west side of state. TIA all!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Habitat for humanity on I-35 at around south 44th ish?? Cabinet outlet at 10th and Rockwell...... The habitat on Broadway a 18th or so has good stuff on occasion as well.

You can find a deal at Habitat occasionally. But I stopped going when 90% of their stuff was at retail prices.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Craigslist and Offerup is what I hit first.

I just rebuilt a crack house I got for $10K Windows came from Homedepot and that was the most expensive thing.
Got a bunch of pulled out old 60's wood flooring for 60 bucks.
Most carpet and pad was free from very new houses that they just did not like the color.

Some people sell hardware store gift cards so search craigslist and other places even facebook if you have that.
You can save there as they do not want full value for them and be in the store with them at the register when it is rang up.

Be thrifty and even look at the free sections daily and you can save.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Habitat used to be bargain central, not so much anymore. For tile find out how much you need for each project. Go to tile installers and tile stores. Ask to look at leftovers, they will be MUCH cheaper. Be prepared to deal. If you need 100 square feet and they have 125 of something they will make a better deal with you if you take all 125. For wood check with local saw mills and see what they have and how much. Cherokee Building Supply was the absolute cheapest on drywall I found but that was a few years ago. Lightweight fire resistant. Check sales at big box stores. Insulation was hit and miss but I ended up cheaper getting it at Lowe’s when they went on sale. I bought a box (40 foot trailer) of factory reject foam board. Not sure if you can do this anymore. Did it twice and got the stuff they use in industrial buildings and high rises. It works great!

Latest posts

Top Bottom