bullet cleanning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I would pass this on for general info. I just bought a batch of plated 9mm bullets that were a little cruddy, tarnished and dirty, thought I would try some lemi shine (powdered citric acid) used to clean dishwashers) I have a rotary tumbler and also a vibratory tumbler so I tried it in both. I mixed about 2 -3 tablespoons of Lemi shine in about a quart of water, The ones in the rotary looked brand spanking new in 10 minutes or less, the ones in the vibratory took a little longer and were duller. I did find that in the rotary unit I had to let the mixture gas off before putting the lid on or the drum would swell up. It's pretty economical cause one quart (3 tablespoons) has done about 3500 bullets so far.

DANNY-L

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing I learned a couple weeks ago,I bought some hollow point bullets from a guy on a site ran them through his tumbler or vibrator and packed the points full of media, now I plinking rounds because that stuff is impossible to get all out. But they sure are shiny.lol

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats the nice thing about the Lemi Shine, its a liquid so it doesn't clog up. Also seems to stay nice and shiny

Latest posts

Top Bottom