Can a company be "Christian"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, Okietom was discussing the natural rights listed in Declaration of Independence and a legal document. I responded to his post. You responded to a larger view of natural law, which is a different topic.
You took my statement out of context, so the girl caojyn in her cheerleader miniskirt can twerk for you. Please either respond to what I am stating or do not quote me.

Wrong! Okietom's response did appeal to the broader view of natural rights and was not limited to the Declaration. Are you also now backpedaling on "Rights have to be either in the Constitution or an Amendment to the Constitution" ?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I already responded to this point, but your claim is different. My question would be, is the Declaration of Independence recognized as law? What legal authority does the Declaration of Independence carry, in our legal system?

In Cotting v. Godard, 183 U.S. 79 (1901), the United States Supreme Court stated:

The first official action of this nation declared the foundation of government in these words: "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. "While such declaration of principles may not have the force of organic law, or be made the basis of judicial decision as to the limits of right and duty, and while in all cases reference must be had to the organic law of the nation for such limits, yet the latter is but the body and the letter of which the former is the thought and the spirit, and it is always safe to read the letter of the Constitution in the spirit of the Declaration of Independence. No duty rests more imperatively upon the courts than the enforcement of those constitutional provisions intended to secure that equality of rights which is the foundation of free government."
The authority to create the Constitution derives from the prior act of nation-creation accomplished by the Declaration. The Declaration declares that the people have a right to alter or abolish any government once it becomes destructive of their natural rights. The turn away from the Articles of Confederation with the ratification of the Constitution was an action of this sort and so the Constitution's authority exists within the legal framework established by the Declaration. The Constitution cannot, then, be interpreted as though it were the foundation of constitutional law, in the absence of principles derived from the Declaration.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can agree with you, that the principles of our Constitution are derived from the Declaration of Independance. However, it still holds no force of organic law, which is what my point was.
I found another video of you, I did not know you had made a complete series.

In Cotting v. Godard, 183 U.S. 79 (1901), the United States Supreme Court stated:

The authority to create the Constitution derives from the prior act of nation-creation accomplished by the Declaration. The Declaration declares that the people have a right to alter or abolish any government once it becomes destructive of their natural rights. The turn away from the Articles of Confederation with the ratification of the Constitution was an action of this sort and so the Constitution's authority exists within the legal framework established by the Declaration. The Constitution cannot, then, be interpreted as though it were the foundation of constitutional law, in the absence of principles derived from the Declaration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Two different types of rights are being discussed, not backpedaling on anything. Who invited you to the party?
Wrong! Okietom's response did appeal to the broader view of natural rights and was not limited to the Declaration. Are you also now backpedaling on "Rights have to be either in the Constitution or an Amendment to the Constitution" ?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I found another video of you, I did not know you had made a complete series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbtY-qdBbPg

:crying::crying::crying:
i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_13D6B577_B3EC_4D55_9FE6_B13F38343A9B_zps6day07yv.jpg

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, all ******** aside, I am actually learning something at this point. Our founding documents are considered Organic Laws, which Organic Statutes have to be based off of, or at least in spirit. Therefore, all Organic agencies have to be based on our founding documents. If I have read everything correct, and the Declaration of Independence is not included in Organic Law, it is Organic Law.

According to US CODE adopted in 1927 (26 years later)
Declaration of Independence IS part of organic law
http://books.google.com/books?id=Fv...a=X&ei=THNAU6aVI8mpsQSbvoC4DA&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAQ

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok, all ******** aside, I am actually learning something at this point. Our founding documents are considered Organic Laws, which Organic Statutes have to be based off of, or at least in spirit. Therefore, all Organic agencies have to be based on our founding documents. If I have read everything correct, and the Declaration of Independence is not included in Organic Law, it is Organic Law.
pretty much

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, If god has given us these rights we have been discussing, how can we have both civil and common laws that remove God from our system, If He is the guiding principle of law?
By the way, I am not trying to walk you into a circle, or have an I gotcha moment. That is something veggie would do.

pretty much

Latest posts

Top Bottom