Can a company be "Christian"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, If god has given us these rights we have been discussing, how can we have both civil and common laws that remove God from our system, If He is the guiding principle of law?
By the way, I am not trying to walk you into a circle, or have an I gotcha moment. That is something veggie would do.

What laws, specifically, have removed God?

Sent at a speed of 3*10^8 meters per second via Tapatalk.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok, If god has given us these rights we have been discussing, how can we have both civil and common laws that remove God from our system, If He is the guiding principle of law?
By the way, I am not trying to walk you into a circle, or have an I gotcha moment. That is something veggie would do.

Well the "creator" of our choosing has given us these rights. Our founders (Christian, athiest, & theists) choose their words carefully.

Religion is a personal choice (and right) and as such the government is (supposed to anyway) remain completely neutral on the issue.

A governments power is derived from the people it governs. Not the states, not the army, not from God. It's sole purpose is to ensure those right to the people that consent to governship.

Last edited:

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't the government deciding that Hobby Lobby does not have the right to have a religion violate that idea?
Also, if all of these documents are law, then how come they say the Preamble to the Constitution would not be a law.
If the ideas in the Articles of Confederation are a law, then why was the South wrong in the Civil War?
When a federal judge can decide that the voters of California will does not matter when it come to gay rights.

Well the "creator" of our choosing has given us these rights. Our founders (Christian, athiest, & theists) choose their words carefully.

Religion is a personal choice (and right) and as such the government is (supposed to anyway) remain completely neutral on the issue.

A governments power is derived from the people it governs. Not the states, not the army, not from God. It's sole purpose is to ensure those right to the people that consent to governship.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wouldn't the government deciding that Hobby Lobby does not have the right to have a religion violate that idea?
Assuming that's actually what they did , then yes.

Philosophically I agree with hensch; that ideally the relationship between employer and employee should be strictly between them and the free market would decide what fair benefits are. Realistically, we've already allowed (been conned into ) this ACA fiasco and as such it should be straight across the board for every business regardless. Either every corporation should have to provide or non should. Either we're all special or none of us are.

Also, if all of these documents are law, then how come they say the Preamble to the Constitution not be a law.
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
I'm not sure I can see anything in this that could be interpreted as a law. Aren't they pretty much just summing up why they're writing the Constitution?
If the ideas in the Articles of Confederation are a law, then why was the South wrong in the Civil War?
Were they
When a federal judge can decide that the voters of California will does not matter when it come to gay rights.
IF marriage is a religious institution, then government should stay completely out of it. That's between the couple, their god, and their shaman. IF marriage is a natural right from the creator being protected by the government, then it should be available to every citizen., and therefore cannot be voted away. There should be no financial benefit one way or another.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wouldn't the voters decide what marriage is?

Again ideally yes. Unfortuately, the government (being run by imperfect people) has already been given(taken) some responsibility/ authority over marriage and that's where the issue gets foggy. Currently saying it's one or the other is incorrect. And why it's such an issue.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again ideally yes. Unfortuately, the government (being run by imperfect people) has already been given(taken) some responsibility/ authority over marriage and that's where the issue gets foggy. Currently saying it's one or the other is incorrect. And why it's such an issue.

But then that would not be in the spirit of the Declaration of Independence, my opinion.

Also in Roe v. Wade, if the spirit of the Declaration of Independence is taken into account then God would be the deciding factor. SCOTUS decided medicine, philosophy, and theology were equal; therefore they had the right to decide abortion was legal.
If you align the Declaration and the Constitution and say what the spirit of the two documents is, then they cannot be separated but supporting, "Posterity" of our nation would have to mean abortion is illegal.
Your example of In Cotting v. Godard, 183 U.S. 79 (1901), would not align with Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973).

I do see how laws against polygamy in Mormonism are legal because they are against the good order of society. But, the good order is based on Christian values. Therefore, marriage is not a personal relationship between man and god, but one between society and god, if our nation is created by god. If you take the god part out of marriage and say it is a governmental endowed institution then I do not see how gay marriage is legal because it is against good social order, if our government is deciding our value system, and the government only exists because of god. If you say that gay marriage is legal I do not see how Polygamy is illegal.

Lastly, in the military it has become illegal to have Christian displays and to talk about god openly, in uniform. If you want to put up a Christian display you have to have a display by another religion to make it legal. The other display can be one by atheist or confusion. Neither of these two religions are based any type of god. Congress' regulation of the military does not seem to be based on the spirit of the Declaration of Independence and God.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
media.giphy.com_media_xf5gE5NPmywV2_giphy.gif

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Again "creator. " it can mean (but is not limited to) the Judeo-Christian God. It can mean nature, Allah, satan, Zeus, evolution, or the ghost of Edgar Allan Poe, whatever.

You keep saying "the government exists because of god." Is this your opinion or or what you bèlieve I'm suggesting?
Government is formed by people to ensure our natural rights, regardless of where those rights originated. A government does not exist by the grace of any god, but by the grace of its people.

Any imposition of one god's or one faith's values into law is wrong. It is not my place to impose my Christian values on anyone. So even if the "good social order" is based on my beliefs I cannot in good conscience support it. Polygamy, polyandry, gay "marriage," would never have been an issue if there weren't legal governmental benefits to them.

Inheritance, marriage license, tax breaks, and issues with end of life stuff

I see this posted as a libertarian thing, but it works pretty well for religion too.

Don't want birth control, don't take it
Don't want abortions, don't have any
Don't want gay marriage, don't get one

Latest posts

Top Bottom