Can a company be "Christian"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a question, why is providing an abortion to employees so important to liberals? I have made enough money to pay for an abortion since I was 18 years old. Exactly what group of people is the government so worried about, who could not pay for an abortion if needed or wanted? I can assume it is the same group of people all of this was suppose to help, people in poverty.
I guess the next question would have to be who in our nation lives in poverty, which would be African Americans, American Indians, and Latinos. Since the 1960's there has been a war on poverty, which is generational. The war on poverty does not seem to be a fight the nation can win.
Therefore, I would have to assume we are going to provide this group of people with abortions as some sort of odd poverty class genocide. I guess If you can't solve that class of peoples societal problems, then just kill off their babies.
The sad part is, no matter what, our government is getting is citizens to pay for the genocide of its minority groups.

And if HL gets their way by imposing their idea of Christian values on their minimum wage employees, are they protecting the poor? No, they are just promoting an agenda. The poor are just caught in the struggle. The rich can still afford a pill or an abortion. So what's happening is a class of people are being denied a right to the same basic coverage a rich person has and always had.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if HL gets their way by imposing their idea of Christian values on their minimum wage employees, are they protecting the poor? No, they are just promoting an agenda. The poor are just caught in the struggle. The rich can still afford a pill or an abortion. So what's happening is a class of people are being denied a right to the same basic coverage a rich person has and always had.

How is insurance coverage of any kind a right?

If one believes health insurance coverage is a "right", then one must also believe that corporations should be in control of one's healthcare.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How is insurance coverage of any kind a right?

If one believes health insurance coverage is a "right", then one must also believe that corporations should be in control of one's healthcare.

I don't know that insurance is a "right", but I do think every person has a right to basic healthcare. Life, limb, emergency type coverage. I don't think the Govt ought to be so involved but I do think that employer's should carry that burden as part of the price of doing business in a state or Country. That's kinda how it used to work, kinda. But companies have gotten smarter and figured ways around it by shifting the burden of healthcare onto the taxpayers.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on who you ask and what you believe. In this case hobby lobby believes that human life begins at conception which happens the moment an egg is fertilized. So by that viewpoint yes it is an abortion even if that is not the intent of the pill.

Even for a woman that is not taking birth control of any kind, over half of fertilized eggs naturally never implant. They are flushed out without her being aware of it. Every woman that's ever tried to get pregnant has flushed many of these "lifes" down the drain without even knowing she ever had a fertilized egg.

Hormonal birth control (the daily "pill") works essentially the same way as emergency contraception. There is no argument about an "abortion pill". Hormonal birth control is hormonal birth control is hormonal birth control. A woman is not pregnant until after implantation. A woman that is not pregnant cannon have an abortion. Emergency contraception does not cause abortions.

It bothers me that any of this is being linked to abortion. We are not talking about abortion.

Also, for those of you who don't approve of government being involved in healthcare, fine and dandy. You need to find another way to prevent it without butchering the constitution by applying individual rights to corporations. This precedent should be just as scary to libertarians as it is to liberals.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should see what people at Hobby Lobby make before you start into minimum wage employees. Healthcare is not a right. Lastly you are correct, it is a class struggle and liberals have figured out a way to get them to kill off their babies, in a genocide. I guess it is just like Jonestown, you and the rest of them are drinking to Kool-Aid.
Prove I am wrong.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
You are incorrect; the pill can cause the fertilized egg not to implant on the womb, which causes an abortion. No matter how many times you say it, you are still wrong.
Even for a woman that is not taking birth control of any kind, over half of fertilized eggs naturally never implant. They are flushed out without her being aware of it. Every woman that's ever tried to get pregnant has flushed many of these "lifes" down the drain without even knowing she ever had a fertilized egg.

Hormonal birth control (the daily "pill") works essentially the same way as emergency contraception. There is no argument about an "abortion pill". Hormonal birth control is hormonal birth control is hormonal birth control. A woman is not pregnant until after implantation. A woman that is not pregnant cannon have an abortion. Emergency contraception does not cause abortions.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are incorrect; the pill can cause the fertilized egg not to implant on the womb, which causes an abortion. No matter how many times you say it, you are still wrong.

http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/ec-review.pdf

If the majority of fertilized eggs never implant naturally, how can you even begin to prove Plan B caused an implantation failure? You do realize Plan B is basically the same thing Loretta Lynn sang about in 1971, right? Same mechanism of action.

Implantation occurs 5-7 days after fertilization. Plan B is not effective after that long.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

By that logic, every time a fertilized egg fails to implant, it should be classified as an abortion.

Sent at a speed of 3*10^8 meters per second via Tapatalk.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/features/plan-b-11-questions-11-answers

5. How does Plan B One-Step work?

Plan B One-Step works like other birth control pills to prevent pregnancy. The drug acts primarily by stopping the release of an egg from the ovary. It may prevent a sperm from fertilizing the egg.

If fertilization does occur, Plan B One-Step may prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the womb. If a fertilized egg is implanted prior to taking Plan B One-Step, the drug will not work and pregnancy proceeds normally.

http://www.planbonestep.com/faqs.aspx
From the manufacture: How does Plan B One-Step® work?

Plan B One-Step® is one tablet with levonorgestrel, a hormone that has been used in many birth control pills for several decades. Plan B One-Step® contains a higher dose of levonorgestrel than birth control pills, but works in a similar way to prevent pregnancy. It works mainly by stopping the release of an egg from the ovary. It is possible that Plan B One-Step® may also work by preventing fertilization of an egg (the uniting of sperm with the egg) or by preventing attachment (implantation) to the uterus (womb).

Latest posts

Top Bottom