Can a Felon own ammo ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok...just as the title says .....Can a felon own ammo I say NO ! ...I know they cannot own a gun.

However a few days ago a conversation was held at a garage sale, the person in question was selling his fathers items after passing. The father had a stack of ammo of the years. The felon son came in from out of town to claim the house, the sister took all the guns to the pawn shop. Now she left the ammo and the felon son is going to keep it and sell later he says.

I told him that was against the law, he said the lawyer said it was his, since his sister did not want it.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe some States allow felons to get their rights to own a gun/ammo back after an extended period of time if they were a non violent offender.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know of a specific statute but know that probation agreements specifically prohibit possession of ammunition. So I’m guessing it’s pretty frowned upon.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I hear on the news probably last year that Oklahoma Automatically restored convicts right to arms after eight years of years of being good without further infractions. Not certain about the types of crimes that they committed though if that had anything to do with it being restored. There were limitations though. No semiautomatics or pistols. Just long rifles. This was so that they could hunt again. Maybe this was just being proposed and never went through. But I do remember hearing it on the news

Latest posts

Top Bottom