Can we discuss buying Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beans, rice, or ammo preferably.

Or maybe toilet paper... :drunk2:
Medicine, coffee, booze, AA batteries.
A very very valuable item in Kosovo was a good tarp.
You could improvise a shelter with it.
You could cover a roof with it.
You could spread it out from tree limbs, make a small hole in the middle and collect rainwater into a bucket underneath.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My concern with metals is that if the SHTF, since gold isn't a "legal tender," how would one make purchases with it? If that circumstance did arise, would those willing to buy more gold take advantage by providing less "legal tender" than one thinks it is worth? In other words, how many people would have anything with which to buy your gold?

In a true SHTF scenario every thing will be done on a barter system. That's why you keep some precious metals on hand. Gold, silver, copper, and bronze have had value for many, many centuries. It's not going to stop. No one advocates that you have all your assets in precious metals. Just some so that you can keep your barter options open. Junk silver coins, 1 and 10 ounce ingots. I've got some gold but my costs were low since I mined it myself.

You do what you feel is best for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom