Can we not eradicate Cedar Trees?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drove to Nebraska this week and I could not believe the number of fields in northern Kansas taken over by cedars. You have to get them when they start, if you wait until you have big ones and too many, it is too late.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried this stuff on the recommendation of some other members here. Last spring, it really didn't seem to help. But, man-o-man, when the red cedar got to going, it's been making a world of difference! I'm using it two to three times a day. It might seem kind of expensive, but they have free shipping and that two ounce bottle lasts a long time!

https://allergena.com/Zone-5

Allergena.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im trying to do my part dont know how many i have cut and burned and have several more to go as im clearing my land the bigger ones im cutting and saving the main trunk for something in the future just dont know what right now but the smaller ones goes on the fire.
I like to make chairs, benches and tables and a buddy has made some nice bowls from those cedar trees.
I have also cut and burned hundreds of them and some we cut down and piled up and that greatly improved the rabbit population.
Some get drug to the ditch as fill.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to make chairs, benches and tables and a buddy has made some nice bowls from those cedar trees.
I have also cut and burned hundreds of them and some we cut down and piled up and that greatly improved the rabbit population.
Come get all the cedars you want.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The great thing about cedar is that you can start working it in a couple of weeks after you mill it. It dries really fast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom