Car shopping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to try to influence you on going ahead and get a "newer" vehicle, but for most of our 49 years of marriage, I've insisted that the wife have a newer vehicle so that I don't have to worry about it breaking down on her when I wasn't around. Now that we are retired, I've softened on that philosophy, considering that we are almost ALWAYS together. Our Expedition is almost 4 years old now, and we aren't in any hurry to replace it. Besides, it's still in too good of shape and has less than 60,000 miles on it.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To each his own, if I had $40,000 I would buy a $19,000 Caravan and invest the rest. Which is exactly what I did in 2013, my 2013 Gran Caravan gets 30 MPG, 0-60 in under 8 seconds, will haul 7 people comfortably and with the seats down I can get a 4 X 8 sheet of plywood in the back.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. It's all my wife's fault! We've been looking at vehicles all day. I think we may just get the caddy a real good inspection and repair anything that looks like its getting worn and drive it for another couple years. I know it needs $1500 worth of alignment and front struts. There was a time when I had to drive vehicles that needed help to make it as far as the mailbox. Nowadays I just dread getting broke down on the side of the road.
We did get really close to buying a new 18 surburban but I just couldn't get my mind wrapped around it being worth 37k more froghides than the Escalade we have.
They had a very loaded 17 demo with 3500 miles discounted 20k below the 67k sticker but still the money difference didn't excite me. We just had to go see it with our own eyes. Plus, the new ones have smaller engines(5.3L) and the mpg they claim is less than what I know our current vehicle gets with a 6.2L.
So, like several had mentioned above, I think we will just stick with this one. I'm very bad to become an impulse buyer at any moment.

No reason that 6.2 can't live for well beyond another 100k. Better motor for large SUVs than the 5.3 anyways.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plymouth satellite station wagon would fill the bill and you would be the cool kid on the block.
I had one years ago with the 400" looked a lot like this ..and it was green but no tint on windows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom