Carnivore Diet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So is the meat only reason why you lose weight, or is it because youre not taking in any sugar, sweeteners, or alcohol?

It’s not meat alone. It’s low or very low carbs as well as removing sugars and starchy vegs from your diet. This trains your body to become fat adapted such that primarily ketones and fat are used for fuel by the body instead of glucose.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Starting off with diabetes you'll be more prone to ketoacidosis which can be fatal. A close monitoring and a slow approach (weaning) would probably be best, but I'm no dr so above my pay grade.

Ketosis is not the same as ketoacidosis and the carnivore diet will not cause it.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those like myself that are type 2 diabetic is the diet safe to follow ?
I am type 2. i was diagnosed about 1.5 years ago now. When I found out I stopped all sugar in take. Then I started looking into diets that would work for me. I not saying it’s for everyone but I did it without the Dr’s approval. when I went back in for my checkup 6 months ago. im Still on meds but A1C showed I was pre diabetic. Dr’s where happy and told me to keep it up.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ketosis is not the same as ketoacidosis and the carnivore diet will not cause it.
Screenshot_20230918_185444_Chrome.jpg

I'm just saying they need to be monitored more closely. YMMV.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just saying they need to be monitored more closely. YMMV.

Most certainly for T1D due to lack of or insufficient insulin. T2D is most often due to too much insulin accompanied by insulin resistance (high blood glucose and weight gain). Insulin is also the fat storage hormone. DKA is rare in T2D (aka starvation ketosis) and not on my list of things to worry about. Unless I eat crap like rice at Pei Wei (which will knock me out of ketosis for days) I am in moderate to therapeutic levels of ketosis daily and a blood glucose <100. Dying of diabetes complications such as kidney failure, heart attack or strokes is. Not to mention loss of toes or legs.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most certainly for T1D due to lack of or insufficient insulin. T2D is most often due to too much insulin accompanied by insulin resistance (high blood glucose and weight gain). Insulin is also the fat storage hormone. DKA is rare in T2D (aka starvation ketosis) and not on my list of things to worry about. Unless I eat crap like rice at Pei Wei (which will knock me out of ketosis for days) I am in moderate to therapeutic levels of ketosis daily and a blood glucose <100. Dying of diabetes complications such as kidney failure, heart attack or strokes is. Not to mention loss of toes or legs.
Yes, I was trying to remember why one was dangerous compared to the other and that’s it. My SIL has T1D and is also very thin. From observations type 1 people are usually very thin/skinny and type 2 average to very overweight. That’s also something to keep in mind if wanting to try to do carnivore with T1D is that if you’re really thin then you don’t have any fat to give.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I was trying to remember why one was dangerous compared to the other and that’s it. My SIL has T1D and is also very thin. From observations type 1 people are usually very thin/skinny and type 2 average to very overweight. That’s also something to keep in mind if wanting to try to do carnivore with T1D is that if you’re really thin then you don’t have any fat to give.

Oddly enough, some Asian T2 diabetics can appear thin. Thin folks can do carnivore too. Nothing wrong with proper nutrition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom