Carnivore Diet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It hasn't really worked that way for me ... I've been ... Ahem ... Well ... Things are working better, and without "prompting" for the first time in my whole life. :teehee::lookaroun:blush: I had a doctor tell me once that I was lying to him when I told him I only went #2 once a week. :uhh::scratch: I'm sorry ... But who LIES about something like that??!?! :anyone::grumble:
After my total knee replacement surgeries, I could say that I probably deuced 1x a week. I was on so much Oxy, that the constipation had me dried up, LOL.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thing is I am only eating one meal a day (OMAD). Sometimes I'll grab a couple pieces of bacon outta the fridge during the day but not often. I've noticed that lately my meals are more like 30-35 hours apart than 24. A lot of times I'll think I'm hungry but it turns out I'm just thirsty.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After my total knee replacement surgeries, I could say that I probably deuced 1x a week. I was on so much Oxy, that the constipation had me dried up, LOL.

Man I bet. I would think that was my problem, too, except I've been that way since I was a kid. Honest to God, I had no idea people pooped once a day until I went to college and lived in the dorm. First few weeks I was there I was thinking everyone had some kinda virus ... 🤦😂😂😂

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I just noticed on keto that the ketone numbers would drop when getting too many calories from lean protein vs fat. Just curious how that would work on carnivore. Are you trying to get a certain portion of calories from fat?

Fatty meats (not lean). Fatty fish. Other healthy fats. Ideally a 2 to 1 ratio (quantity) of fats to protein. Don't count calories.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this is just a guess. I bet the heart burn is from the sugars in the fruit. When I started the carnivore diet. I cut out anything with sugar. I only ate meat and some vegetable. to snack on I ate nuts us salted. i did this for months before I even had fruit again. Now it’s every now and then just to taste something sweet. I will stay away from fruits that are high in sugar.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Adkins advocated some veggies IIRC ... PLUS all the "Adkins Approved" science projects they were passing off as food. I don't recall it being anywhere near what eating carnivore is ... But I have slept since then so ... 🤷
Yeah, the Adkins Approved stuff changed a lot after he passed. I don’t think he would approve of it at all.

He only advocated completely eliminating cabs during the intro phase. Some stuff never gets reintroduced (processed sugars, processed grains, etc), but some fresh vegetables go back into the diet pretty quickly.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I have tried "balanced" plans like Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig in the past and always felt like I was starving, no matter how much veggies I ate. Eventually I would just cave ... Plus I NEVER and I mean NEVER lost more than 20 pounds doing any kind of diet. Doctors kept telling me it was my body's natural "set point". Ehhhh ... I dunno now ...

What led me to carnivore was the Whole 30 elimination diet. Every time I would add a fruit or vegetable back in my stomach problems would start back up. And my headaches would get worse (like I need THAT lol).

I have had sardines twice in the last 2 days. Yesterday after I ate I had some indigestion. This morning I woke up with HORRIBLE heartburn. 🤷 I ate a dozen TUMS if I ate one while we were at the gun range.

Had a ribeye with butter on it at lunch and ... And my heartburn went away. So ... No more sardines for me.

I'll eat beef once or twice a day for a few days and then try adding something else back in and see how it goes.

So far I have been able to eat beef, pork (ham and pork chops are okay; bacon is okay as long as it's not every day -- more like every 3rd or 4th), chicken eggs, salmon and chicken, heavy cream, cream cheese and butter without problems. Most cheeses are okay if I only eat them once a week or so. More than that and I get heartburn.

Everything else I've tried to add back has given me trouble. But I'll keep trying ... If for no other reason than I like cherry cheesecake. 🤷😇
Sounds like you would be able to tolerate most of the ingredients in crack chicken:
https://www.themagicalslowcooker.com/slow-cooker-crack-chicken/If you haven't tried it yet....
wi8Ez1mwRcKGI.gif

🤗

Latest posts

Top Bottom