Carrying a revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t care what you carry or what caliber it is. Regularly practice with it and keep it clean. There are some good drills that are revolver specific that are worth training during live and dry fire practice.

Gun and caliber debates make for good magazine articles and keep firearms forums busy.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on the situation. If I am driving, especially in a questionable city or area, I carry this 44 mag in a cross draw holster on my left side. If a car jacking occurs, I am confident I can draw and shoot through the door with desired results.

1E3D105D-0839-4EC5-BAD6-DE55099EFAC7.jpeg

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on the situation. If I am driving, especially in a questionable city or area, I carry this 44 mag in a cross draw holster on my left side. If a car jacking occurs, I am confident I can draw and shoot through the door with desired results.

View attachment 226456
That would do some damage!

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 226456
That would do the trick..........!!!!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not only to the door, the intruder, but your hearing would be ruined for the rest of your life. The hearing may be the least of the worry depending on the intruders intentions.
I'd rather be hard of hearing than dead. I have hearing loss in both ears at super high pitches because I fired six shots of full house . 357 mag out of a 4" .357 magnum when I was 17 without hearing protection. stupid mistake.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me, there isn't any single aspect of a CCW where the revolver outshines a semi...less capacity, thicker body (Less concealable), cylinder gap, DAO follow up shots, etc.

In a non-CCW aspect, I see advantage when getting into more powerful rounds (hunting or country back up) and where "odd" ammo makes sense (ie, shot shells).

People acting like having extra capacity in a semi platform is somehow a negative (while they carry extra ammo for their revolvers) is silly. I can't think of a single negative about having the ability to carry more ammo in a magazine.
I have a pile of semi autos from .380 to .45. I can't empty a single one of them from my jacket pocket. I have a couple of revolvers that I can do just that if the situation warrants it. That's just one aspect. With that said I usually carry a semi of some sort but I generally have a snubby on me too. They are just too easy to carry and hide. Contrary to popular opinion I've not found any auto that carries and hides as well that's also chambered in a capable caliber as a .38 snubbie stoked with full wadcutters. The .327 mag revolvers are actually superior to my G42 in about every way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom