Carrying/Leaving in car at work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No... the choice on what to do is obvious. It's not illegal to carry in this situation... I just was curious if my employer would have any grounds to take action if things ever reached a point where they would actually know I had the gun (ie, I had to use it... pray God we don't reach that point though!).

I'm not debating IF I should carry... but what are the consequences of doing so.

I am not a lawyer and don't know the specifics, but I believe if your contract or employee handbook forbids you from having a firearm while on the clock they could probably fire you. Again I am reminded of the Pizza Hut driver fired for exactly that, he had a license but company policy forbid him from having it. On the upside I remember he received job offers from all over the country when his story broke!

So the upside is, if they fire you, make sure you go to the news and get publicity for yourself and against them. Probably end up with a better job, haha. :yelclap:

Latest posts

Top Bottom