Caution Rant Ahead! Sorry &$$ Workmates and Thieves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcgee10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I get to work this morning and get my cup of coffee. Set the coffee on my tool box and start to unlock it. The key is hard to turn. Then I notice the drawers of my box are not closed all the way. Someone had forced my toolbox open to use my tools. They bent three locking lugs on the back of the drawers and four drawer latches that hold the drawers closed. Needless to say I was HOT! They know I was not happy. Boss is going to claim it on insurance so it is working out OK. But now I have a sign on my toolbox that says "Touch my toolbox and you will be shot. Survivors will be violated." %$#@ them and the horse they rode in on. Thanks. Rant over.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, it's crazy sometimes. I'm going to have to try to get the engineering lab at work locked up, because people lose their own drill bits, and swipe the expensive ones out of the mill toolbox... and that's the cheap stuff!

Waterfowler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can feel your pain. Recently I was doing a job that required precision tools and when I went to get them, half of them were gone and the other half that were there looked like they had been used as a hammer.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is wrong with people? It just gets to the point you don't want to even lend anything out because then they feel that everything you have is theirs as well. I loaned a saw to a person, it was kept for a couple months, I ended up needing it for a project so I went to get it and I was asked how long I needed it for! I said well, I think I'm going to need it forever, thanks.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing I ever had stolen at work was a first gen (we're talking like the VERY first model!) Sony Discman off my desk.

This was the same Discman that kept me rockin' to hairband metal the entire float (and back) to kick Sadamm's a$$ (the first time).

I sure miss it. It's probably worth either zero or a gazillion $ now.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is wrong with people? It just gets to the point you don't want to even lend anything out because then they feel that everything you have is theirs as well. I loaned a saw to a person, it was kept for a couple months, I ended up needing it for a project so I went to get it and I was asked how long I needed it for! I said well, I think I'm going to need it forever, thanks.

LOL ... I am sooo sorry but this amazes me ... WTF???!?!?!?

Latest posts

Top Bottom