Caution Rant Ahead! Sorry &$$ Workmates and Thieves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain, even though the company buys my tools, I have to keep them locked up. If not, they will slowly disappear. The guys will use them and just leave them there. Then I have to get a butt chewing from the boss to get replacements.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is wrong with people? It just gets to the point you don't want to even lend anything out because then they feel that everything you have is theirs as well. I loaned a saw to a person, it was kept for a couple months, I ended up needing it for a project so I went to get it and I was asked how long I needed it for! I said well, I think I'm going to need it forever, thanks.

wow i cant believe they had the audacity to say that. did they forget that it was yours and thought they were loaning it to you?

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is wrong with people? It just gets to the point you don't want to even lend anything out because then they feel that everything you have is theirs as well. I loaned a saw to a person, it was kept for a couple months, I ended up needing it for a project so I went to get it and I was asked how long I needed it for! I said well, I think I'm going to need it forever, thanks.

There's an episode of the Simpsons where the family is moving to a new town. Ned approaches Homer about things he's lent him. The quote is best read using the character's voices.

Ned Flanders: Uh, huh-huh... Homer, ah... About those things you borrowed from me over the years, you know, the TV trays, the power sander, the downstairs bathtub... You gonna be... needing those things in Cypress Creek?
Homer: Yes.
Ned Flanders: Oh. Uh...
Homer: [coaches Flanders] Okily dokily...
Ned Flanders: Okily dokily!

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My boss just bought me and his brother a brand new tool box(a big tool box) full of shop tools and gave us the only 2 keys to it because of people ruining our tools.

danger prone

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

LOL. That is funny

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't mess with a man's tools,particularly if he makes a living them.

Oh yeah,first guy to make a cute remark about the first part gets a ban.:rollingla:rollingla

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I know how you feel. I've been in my job for 30 years . The company buys our tools but, we have to keep up with them or they disappear. I have a very complete set of tools and all the other people in my craft could have a set that is just as good if they would just order them. Most are just too lazy to order them I guess. My big gripe is with management. Our guys used to run our tool room and keep it stocked up with tools and supplies that we need. Now our tool room is run by contractors that don't know about machine shop tools or supplies and it isn't stocked worth a damn. A few years back I was out on a callout working with a boss because they couldn't get another craftsman out. He got mad because we couldn't find a large socket ( one so big none of the craftsman keep) so he said "I'll get the keys to everybody tool boxes". About a month later my frontline boss got copies of all our toolbox keys. Now in the middle of the night when they need a tool , they get my boss's copy of my keys and rob my tool box. They pull this crap sometimes when the tool they need is in the tool room ( most of the time it isn't) and they don't want to wait on a guard to come and open the tool room. Our management is tool lazy to make the contractors running the tool room stock a full set of tools. They take the easy way out and rob my toolbox instead. I know I didn't buy the tools but ,they expect me to do my job and I need tools to do it. The last "borrowed tool" took me 36 days to get it replaced. My life would be less stressful if our management would do their job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom