CCL Sign Language?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AckleyShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The law also says that as a citizen you have a right to make a legal arrest. When you pull your ccw you are in effect attempting to defend yourself or others and or make a citizens arrest and the law says that you can use the amount of force nesessary to effect that arrest up to and including leathal force. And you can defend yourself anywhere you are you don't have a duty to back down you could be walking down the street or in church, in the store, eating dinner at a restaurant it makes not difference in Oklahoma the law does not just apply to your home.

As for sign language I don't think so...if you don't know who the good and bad guys are in a gun fight you have no business jumping in the fight.

I don't claim to be a lawyer or anything like that. However I have to respectfully disagree about pulling your CCW to arrest someone.

Call me crazy but the only time I pull my CCW I will be using to do what it was made for. Not doing a police officers job. I do agree that you have the right to place someone under citizens arrest. But I think pulling your CCW and doing it is asking for trouble.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't claim to be a lawyer or anything like that. However I have to respectfully disagree about pulling your CCW to arrest someone.

Call me crazy but the only time I pull my CCW I will be using to do what it was made for. Not doing a police officers job. I do agree that you have the right to place someone under citizens arrest. But I think pulling your CCW and doing it is asking for trouble.

I am not saying that you should go out and work the streets and go on patrol...what I am saying is that when you feel threatened enough to pull your gun weather you are being assaulted, protecting your family, friends, or someone else your intent is to protect those people and to stop the bad guy by using the least amount of force necessary up to and including lethal force. And in effect what you are doing when you do so is enacting a citizens arrest in doing so. I am pointing out that you don't have to be in your home to use your CCW otherwise it would be pointless to have a CCW permit and to carry if the only place you could have it was your home. I hope this clarifies my previous statement and I am always open for debate.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was given the example in class (may have been made up):

You're driving down the road and see a guy beating a woman with a tire iron. You stop thinking he's harming a woman and shoot and kill him. What you didnt know is that the woman stabbed the guy multiple times trying to rob him and he was defending himself.

Same scenario with an undercover cop. An undercover pulls a gun on a pretty woman and you think its some guy robbing her. So you shoot him. And now you're guilty of killing a cop.
Did Bradford Butler teach you SDA class? He used the same example in mine....

I think the OP's idea could be useful in a situation, but then again, I'm in a defense situation, I probably won't be looking for a simple hand signal.
Besides, how would one know the person giving the sign isn't a BG?....

Latest posts

Top Bottom