Charges possible after gun falls out of someone’s pocket, fires in Durant Walmart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was hoping someone would post it. I don’t post here like I used to but it seems like most of the names I remember from back then are gone. Glad to see I’m not the only one that’s still here.
There are a few of us old timers here that remember that thread, although your two years before me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m just sad that thread was lost to a server crash some years ago. It was great to go back and read from time to time.
That one as well as the "New to this Theater and need a place to train thread", as well as the....oh hell there was a lot of classic threads we lost.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quit hatin on ma XD's!!!

stomp-stomping-feet.gif

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are indeed people who should not be around firearms, but we normally don’t know who they are until after they have made their history.
I've struggled with this too...I always have to err on the side of freedom...but yes, I would feel safer if there was some litmus test for modern NPC's to carry guns...not everyone had the same experiences growing up as many of us on this board did that makes us autmatically more responsible and capable with firearms.

Last edited:

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recless endangerment
Where was the "conciou disregard"? We don't know enough to know if any charges are appropriate.

RECKLESS CONDUCT

It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in reckless conduct while having in his or her possession any shotgun, rifle or pistol, such actions consisting of creating a situation of unreasonable risk and probability of death or great bodily harm to another, and demonstrating a conscious disregard for the safety of another person. Any person convicted of violating the provisions of this section shall be punished as provided in Section 1289.15 of this title.

Any person convicted of a violation of the provisions of this section after having been issued a handgun license pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall have the license revoked and shall be subject to an administrative fine of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00), upon a hearing and determination by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that the person is in violation of the provisions of this section.

Latest posts

Top Bottom