Charleston's in Broken Arrow against Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok... this topic will get moved to the 2A forum, which is fine.

It is certainly the right of Charleston's to prohibit firearms carried in their restaurants, but I would strongly urge you to make the prohibition very clear. I have not personally seen the sign, but I am told it is near the ground on the right side of the door. If you are going to ban firearms,

The sign actually only prohibits open carry not concealed carry

rebelmdb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the time business post because of insurance rates. The place I work has them posted but we hunt and shoot together. He told me it was an insurance thing.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the time business post because of insurance rates. The place I work has them posted but we hunt and shoot together. He told me it was an insurance thing.

I can't believe that this is true. If so, he needs to shop his insurance around. Any actuary worth his salt would know that creating a gun free zone only increases their liability and risk of injury/death to patrons. Not allowing weapons should increase your insurance rates.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Louie's here in Edmond had no open carry signs last I looked. I don't mind those signs because its more of a courtesy to the other guests who may be uncomfortable by it. It's the no guns allowed period that I can't tolerate. I fully appreciate that it is our right to open carry but it's also their right to not allow it in their establishment. So, I just put a jacket or Hawaiin shirt on over it. No extra harm there. Flame on.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe that this is true. If so, he needs to shop his insurance around. Any actuary worth his salt would know that creating a gun free zone only increases their liability and risk of injury/death to patrons. Not allowing weapons should increase your insurance rates.

I think they are more afraid of getting sued because of an AD/ND, than sued under what would start out most likely as a negligent security case. In other words, they probably believe that it is more likely and foreseeable that they would be sued because someone was accidentally shot, than sued because someone was denied the ability to protect themself and somehow got hurt.

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Louie's here in Edmond had no open carry signs last I looked. I don't mind those signs because its more of a courtesy to the other guests who may be uncomfortable by it. It's the no guns allowed period that I can't tolerate. I fully appreciate that it is our right to open carry but it's also their right to not allow it in their establishment. So, I just put a jacket or Hawaiian shirt on over it. No extra harm there. Flame on.

Flamingly stylish. Flamingly. :rollingla

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw this at sub shop at danforth abd santa fe in edmond today.

Sent from atop the throne in the last stall using Tapatalk 2 for Android.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370208747113.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370208747113.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 249
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370208764337.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370208764337.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 228

Latest posts

Top Bottom