Charleston's in Broken Arrow against Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... I'm not going to conceal my handgun to appease those who feel I shouldn't be doing something differently from them. It's my choice to carry how I want. It's a business owners choice to allow whatever he wants in his business. It's my choice to take my money elsewhere.

That about covers it.

/thread.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll continue to do business with places that allow conceal carry, as I am being given the opportunity to defend myself if the need arises.

I'm really not going to get all stressed out about a piece of cloth a fraction of an inch thick covering or not covering my gun,and as I said before, I have no interest in open carrying just to see what people's reactions are or for the "Look at me, I have a gun" mentality.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll continue to do business with places that allow conceal carry, as I am being given the opportunity to defend myself if the need arises.

I'm really not going to get all stressed out about a piece of cloth a fraction of an inch thick covering or not covering my gun,and as I said before, I have no interest in open carrying just to see what people's reactions are or for the "Look at me, I have a gun" mentality.

That's great for you, but this topic is about open carry. Nobody is telling you who to do business with. Your last sentence indicates your true feelings on the subject and just reinforced what I said before.

Last edited by a moderator:

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then don't, but don't criticize those who do open carry. It doesn't matter to me if the sign says no weapons or no open carry. It's the same sign to me and I don't patron either of those places, because I open carry. We have enough douche bags to worry about without you CCW fair weather 2nd amendment supporters giving us grief as well. It's funny how you ask him to be courteous and respectful to a business owner, yet you won't even do the same for one of your own.

No he got embarrassed by walking round with his spurs jangling and came on here crying like an ass about it, just like your assumption that I am fair weather 2A is asinine and shows you don't know anything about me. I live in the now deceased Sue Tibbs district and wrote enough damn letters and emails to her to choke an elephant requesting she hear the open carry bill in the public safety committee and pass the damn thing on so we could get it passed. And I do occasionally carry openly but private property rights are still private property rights and regardless of where the sign was posted he's got no truck coming in here crying about someplace asking him to leave because he had a visible firearm. If you can post every entrance clearly and visibly then I will respect your wishes, and even if you don't if you are the manager the property is rightfully under your control and you can certainly ask someone to leave regardless of signage and it needs to stay that way. You don't want the state further clarifying legal status of private property rights and signage trust me we have it pretty good in Oklahoma and further legal clarifications will down the road lead to diminished places to carry legally. Tennessee is practically no carry, no public parks of any kind and no place that serves alcohol which knocks out just about anything that is not fast food, no strong state preemption so laws can vary from municipality to municipality. The fact of the matter is crying about places being prohibited by the owner is BS, technically the sign is your first warning and they could have called the police to deal with him right off the bat.

So I'll say it again, so what? if we can't be polite and courteous to those who don't see it our way then we just strengthen the image of the toothless, 3rd grade educated ignorant hick in coveralls and flying the confederate flag on our truck that costs more than our home image that the anti's have of gun owners already.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No he got embarrassed by walking round with his spurs jangling and came on here crying like an ass about it, just like your assumption that I am fair weather 2A is asinine and shows you don't know anything about me. I live in the now deceased Sue Tibbs district and wrote enough damn letters and emails to her to choke an elephant requesting she hear the open carry bill in the public safety committee and pass the damn thing on so we could get it passed. And I do occasionally carry openly but private property rights are still private property rights and regardless of where the sign was posted he's got no truck coming in here crying about someplace asking him to leave because he had a visible firearm. If you can post every entrance clearly and visibly then I will respect your wishes, and even if you don't if you are the manager the property is rightfully under your control and you can certainly ask someone to leave regardless of signage and it needs to stay that way. You don't want the state further clarifying legal status of private property rights and signage trust me we have it pretty good in Oklahoma and further legal clarifications will down the road lead to diminished places to carry legally. Tennessee is practically no carry, no public parks of any kind and no place that serves alcohol which knocks out just about anything that is not fast food, no strong state preemption so laws can vary from municipality to municipality. The fact of the matter is crying about places being prohibited by the owner is BS, technically the sign is your first warning and they could have called the police to deal with him right off the bat.

So I'll say it again, so what? if we can't be polite and courteous to those who don't see it our way then we just strengthen the image of the toothless, 3rd grade educated ignorant hick in coveralls and flying the confederate flag on our truck that costs more than our home image that the anti's have of gun owners already.

No, he was warning the rest of us who open carry not to go Charleston's as we would likely get the same treatment. Maybe you missed it like the OP missed the sign? Why are you arguing about private property rights? I didn't see anybody in this topic say that they shouldn't have to follow the wishes of a property owner. Did I miss it?

Who cares about Tennessee? Why don't you go farther with New York or California? Because it doesn't matter. We do appreciate you single-handedly getting open carry passed in Oklahoma though. Your suggestion of being polite and courteous is laughable once again as you can't even be such with somebody with similar interests as you. Looks like you have some assumptions of your own. Don't self project your image of what a person who open carries is onto me.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations to Arin Morris you are the 4th person to succeed in making it onto my ignore list.

My final post and response to your obvious attempt to push my buttons.

I never projected any image upon you as a supporter of the 2A but the image of the second amendment supporter that the lefties have in mind is surprisingly similar to the one I describe.

I certainly did not get OC passed on all on my own. But I damn sure did did spend a lot of time drafting and sending to courteous polite succinct emails to the chair of the public safety committee and met with her in person once and had an impromptu conversation while I was out for a walk, she lived in my neighborhood.

And to warn us was one thing but in his own words he acted like a jerk about it after he was asked to leave.

Why bring up Tennessee? To illustrate what happens when you have a state that goes overboard on deciding where you can and can not carry with a permit because people asked for clarification and pushed issues. You should read some of their AG rulings on statute questions claiming the statutes are clear on the subject after trying to actually comprehend them so you don't get crosswise with their laws as a visitor. Their initial carry laws were very similar to Oklahoma years ago. They passed concealed carry in 1994 and were studied and used as part of the template for Oklahoma, they have since and taken a severe beating and down turn over time.

So careful what you wish for you might just get it. It will not be seen as unreasonable to define penalties for carry in places that post a gun buster sign both civil and criminal and the more you aggravate businesses, the more business's, with money to spend and lobby, that create jobs and employee people and pay taxes in this state will push to get those penalties passed.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations to Arin Morris you are the 4th person to succeed in making it onto my ignore list.

If all it takes is me debating with you without stooping to calling you names then thanks for doing us both the favor. No skin off my nose for sure.

I certainly did not get OC passed on all on my own. But I damn sure did did spend a lot of time drafting and sending to courteous polite succinct emails to the chair of the public safety committee and met with her in person once and had an impromptu conversation while I was out for a walk, she lived in my neighborhood.

And it's so difficult to provide us on the forum with the same amount of civility?

And to warn us was one thing but in his own words he acted like a jerk about it after he was asked to leave.

Not so different than how you responded to the OP or myself?

Why bring up Tennessee? To illustrate what happens when you have a state that goes overboard on deciding where you can and can not carry with a permit because people asked for clarification and pushed issues. You should read some of their AG rulings on statute questions claiming the statutes are clear on the subject after trying to actually comprehend them so you don't get crosswise with their laws as a visitor. Their initial carry laws were very similar to Oklahoma years ago. They passed concealed carry in 1994 and were studied and used as part of the template for Oklahoma, they have since and taken a severe beating and down turn over time.

So careful what you wish for you might just get it. It will not be seen as unreasonable to define penalties for carry in places that post a gun buster sign both civil and criminal and the more you aggravate businesses, the more business's, with money to spend and lobby, that create jobs and employee people and pay taxes in this state will push to get those penalties passed.

Once again, you're acting like he refused to leave when asked to. I'm sure he wasn't happy about the situation. If the sign would have been visible, this situation wouldn't' have happened in the first place. That's great that you have all these case studies that don't have anything to do with the current topic. From the manager's comments we already know he's against open carry and isn't happy it passed. You think this particular incident is going to break the camels back? It's pretty simple to me. If a business is posted, I don't give them my money. I don't see how hard that is to understand.

Again, I don't care how anybody carries, unlike a lot of CCW people do. If you prefer to carry concealed and go to places that at least allow CCW, that's perfectly fine. I'm not arguing that everybody should be doing one thing or another. Live and let live, but don't come down on me because I won't support a business that doesn't allow me to carry the way I prefer. That's my choice. As it's yours to support them if you wish.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's perfectly fine with me. It doesn't matter to me how anybody else carries as long as you carry. What bugs me is people thinking that CCW is the only way to carry and are hell bent on giving those of us who open carry a hard time. I'm not going to conceal my handgun to appease those who feel I shouldn't be doing something differently from them. It's my choice to carry how I want. It's a business owners choice to allow whatever he wants in his business. It's my choice to take my money elsewhere. Pretty simple to me.

I never said CCW was the only way to carry, now, did I?
It's the way I choose to carry, and it allows me to be able to defend myself and others if the need arises in "No Open Carry" places.
I will do business with places that allow me to carry concealed, because ultimately, I am able to defend myself just as well.

You, on the other hand, are stating that Open Carry is the only way to carry, by stating won't do business with places that object to your way of carrying.
You're so bent on wanting to open carry all the time, that you're forgetting the main purpose for carrying is to be able to defend yourself, not educate the public. (As I see so many here wanting to do.)
I'm very active in shooters education, supporting NRA, voting correctly, etc.
I'm not going to sit here and feel bad because I don't want to go to restaurants and getting into a pissing contest that doesn't make the anti-carry person change their mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom