Charleston's in Broken Arrow against Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttownokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Charleston's food is overpriced, small portioned, and not seasoned/cooked well anyway. I guess there's enough broken arrow area church crowd idiots that they get business anyway? I will never go back. Management is incompetent, no gun policy while locating their restaurant adjacent to a basspro shops.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Charleston's food is overpriced, small portioned, and not seasoned/cooked well anyway. I guess there's enough broken arrow area church crowd idiots that they get business anyway? I will never go back. Management is incompetent, no gun policy while locating their restaurant adjacent to a basspro shops.

FWIW, the quality depends on the location. Even the three in OKC are vastly different from each other.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Say what you want about Charlestons but you can't say they have small portions

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what...

Does the sign firearms prohibited? Is it a full on gunbuster or just a no open carry? My bank has a no open carry sign, not a no carry just no open carry. I can certainly respect those wishes, but other than for practical purposes I keep mine covered as well. I see no need to walk around with my spurs jangling but it's nice to carry OWB on the bike and not care if the whole world sees a gun before I get someplace and pull a cover shirt over it.

The fact that the signage placement sucks and you got embarrassed for walking round with your spurs jangling is no reason to boycott a place. maybe a courteous could you make your sign a little more visible so that I can respect your wishes email woulda been better.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see no need to walk around with my spurs jangling...

Then don't, but don't criticize those who do open carry. It doesn't matter to me if the sign says no weapons or no open carry. It's the same sign to me and I don't patron either of those places, because I open carry. We have enough douche bags to worry about without you CCW fair weather 2nd amendment supporters giving us grief as well. It's funny how you ask him to be courteous and respectful to a business owner, yet you won't even do the same for one of your own.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I ask is for the opportunity to defend myself, and I can do that in a "No Open Carry" facility.

One of the main reasons I carry concelaed is I just really don't want to be annoyed by strangers who want to ask questions about my pistol...whether it be a store clerk, child, someone who is against open carry, etc.

I practice drawing from a holster with my shirt covering it, and I'm sure I'm able to draw faster than most people who open carry and have my first coupla' shots on target.

But then again, I shoot IPSC, so drawing from a holster is something I do a lot of.

If I'm in a situation where I feel I a need to open carry, then I'll just tuck part of my shirt in.

I don't have time for drama and why some places won't let you Open Carry, but will let you carry concealed.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's perfectly fine with me. It doesn't matter to me how anybody else carries as long as you carry. What bugs me is people thinking that CCW is the only way to carry and are hell bent on giving those of us who open carry a hard time. I'm not going to conceal my handgun to appease those who feel I shouldn't be doing something differently from them. It's my choice to carry how I want. It's a business owners choice to allow whatever he wants in his business. It's my choice to take my money elsewhere. Pretty simple to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom