Charleston's in Broken Arrow against Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like Charlestons. Good steak, great service from the wait staff. I OC all the time unless the business posts "No OC", which prompts me to either wear a sport coat (acceptable attire for a night of dining at Charlestons), or CC (acceptable at my other favorite place, Hooters).

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to say that I've personally met and spoken with Hal Smith. I'm not impressed with the man or his establishments.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Betting Python please put me on your ignore list.

Wesson oil, I was not whinning it testing the waters, my complain and warning to others is the place in dimly lit outside the establishment. The sign is posted in a most inconspicuous place and was missed by me at night at 9:00 PM.

I didn't make a spectacle of myself, I left and questioned the douche manager as I was walking out.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Betting Python please put me on your ignore list.

Wesson oil, I was not whinning it testing the waters, my complain and warning to others is the place in dimly lit outside the establishment. The sign is posted in a most inconspicuous place and was missed by me at night at 9:00 PM.

I didn't make a spectacle of myself, I left and questioned the douche manager as I was walking out.

You're supposed to stop at every door, take out your tactical flashlight, and scan the entire door and surrounding area prior to entering any establishment. OKSDA 101.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The manager was a jerk. Do signs carry force of law in OK or are they just a guideline? What I mean is even if you see it and go in open carry have you broken any laws or do you have to be asked to leave. SOme states they do carry force of law and others they don't. I am not aware of any state that if they ask you to leave you are not required to abide by their wishes yet if they asked two guys kissing to leave or some lady wearing a face veil to leave that would be a federal case.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're supposed to stop at every door, take out your tactical flashlight, and scan the entire door and surrounding area prior to entering any establishment. OKSDA 101.

Speaking of tactical, all of these tactical couch ninjas who have blasted open carry about making people who open carry the first target and such are a bunch people who observe someone doing something different than them selves and there for it is wrong or unnatural.

Here is what I have observed.

1. Most people don't notice it, and I am not loud in appearance or draw attention to myself. I am quite conduct my business and leave.

2. Most folks have commented that they like the law but are to afraid of what others might think about them if they open carried.

3. I grew up where open carry was prominent and a way of life. The nay sayers have a mentality of the earth is flat. You will fall off the edge of the the earth if you sail to far from shore.

4. The nay Sayers want the open carry protections in case their weapon is accidentally seen, but chastise others who would rather wear it open.

5. It has nothing to do with spurs jangling or cowboy attitude. I wear boots, sometimes a cowboy hat, and i just like having my firearm on my side and I am following prescribed law in regards to carry. Sometimes I do carry concealed, sometimes I don't.

6. A right not exercised is a right lost!

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's perfectly fine with me. It doesn't matter to me how anybody else carries as long as you carry. What bugs me is people thinking that CCW is the only way to carry and are hell bent on giving those of us who open carry a hard time. I'm not going to conceal my handgun to appease those who feel I shouldn't be doing something differently from them. It's my choice to carry how I want. It's a business owners choice to allow whatever he wants in his business. It's my choice to take my money elsewhere. Pretty simple to me.

That is not totally true. Let a business owner put a sign up that says no covered faces and see how fast the liberals would sue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom