Charleston's in Broken Arrow against Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never said CCW was the only way to carry, now, did I?
It's the way I choose to carry, and it allows me to be able to defend myself and others if the need arises in "No Open Carry" places.
I will do business with places that allow me to carry concealed, because ultimately, I am able to defend myself just as well.

You, on the other hand, are stating that Open Carry is the only way to carry, by stating won't do business with places that object to your way of carrying.
You're so bent on wanting to open carry all the time, that you're forgetting the main purpose for carrying is to be able to defend yourself, not educate the public. (As I see so many here wanting to do.)
I'm very active in shooters education, supporting NRA, voting correctly, etc.
I'm not going to sit here and feel bad because I don't want to go to restaurants and getting into a pissing contest that doesn't make the anti-carry person change their mind.

Funny, I could have swore you just quoted me saying the opposite. You are incorrect on why I open carry. I do not OC to educate anybody, not saying that I won't answer questions if asked. I carry openly as it's a deterrent to prevent an assault in the first place, not "surprise" somebody after the assault has begun, but I suppose that's another argument. I don't know how many times I can say it. I don't care whom you do business with.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny, I could have swore you just quoted me saying the opposite. You are incorrect on why I open carry. I do not OC to educate anybody, not saying that I won't answer questions if asked. I carry openly as it's a deterrent to prevent an assault in the first place, not "surprise" somebody after the assault has begun, but I suppose that's another argument. I don't know how many times I can say it. I don't care whom you do business with.

If I wanted to assault you and you were open carrying, I'd merely walk past you or up to you as any law abiding citizen would, then strike you across the face or head with my fist or a blunt object.
Then take your pistol while you were still trying to figure out what just happened.
And your wallet.

I never did get into the whole debate about OC or CC, that's just what I'd to you if I wanted to assault you.

I didn't say you open carried to to educate people, but other threads on here have the OP saying and doing just that...do a search.

Nor am I a fair weather 2nd Amendment because I carry concealed, and I don't do it to "surprise people" if I'm attacked.
I just don't to be one of those people who post on the boards about situations like the one the OP posted.
I protect myself, and I don't have to be subject to "Q&A" Sessions" when I'm out shopping, much as some people seem to enjoy the attention that their pistol draws.
I get lots of Q&A sessions when I conduct NRA pistol instruction classes.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I wanted to assault you and you were open carrying, I'd merely walk past you or up to you as any law abiding citizen would, then strike you across the face or head with my fist or a blunt object.
Then take your pistol while you were still trying to figure out what just happened.
And your wallet.

I never did get into the whole debate about OC or CC, that's just what I'd to you if I wanted to assault you.

And the same couldn't happen to you? Just because it's concealed you think you won't lose it? It's just an extra bonus they'll get from you thinking you were defenseless when you get knocked over the head, where with me, he has to at least weigh the possibility. I'd wager my OC holster has more retention than your CC holster as well.

I didn't say you open carried to to educate people, but other threads on here have the OP saying and doing just that...do a search.

Nor am I a fair weather 2nd Amendment because I carry concealed, and I don't do it to "surprise people" if I'm attacked.
I just don't to be one of those people who post on the boards about situations like the one the OP posted.
I protect myself, and I don't have to be subject to "Q&A" Sessions" when I'm out shopping, much as some people seem to enjoy the attention that their pistol draws.
I get lots of Q&A sessions when I conduct NRA pistol instruction classes.

You keep going back to insinuating that I care how you carry. I've already said several times that I don't care how anybody carries. I also didn't say you were a fair weather 2nd Amendment supporter because you CC. It's what I call those who berate me and others about how I choose to carry like it's wrong. I will not be subject to fear-mongering stating the way I choose to exercise my 2nd amendment will have the consequence of all losing that right.

Before you respond thinking I'm specifically talking about you, I'm not. The only thing you said in this topic before the banter was that you would support a business that only allows CC. That's fine with me and it's better than no carry at all, but I can choose to support those that allow OC over a business that even allows CC.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Charlestons is over-priced chain-store $h*t. Their liberal BS stance against guns is just another reason I'll never step foot in one.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the same couldn't happen to you? Just because it's concealed you think you won't lose it? It's just an extra bonus they'll get from you thinking you were defenseless when you get knocked over the head, where with me, he has to at least weigh the possibility. I'd wager my OC holster has more retention than your CC holster as well.

You keep going back to insinuating that I care how you carry. I've already said several times that I don't care how anybody carries. I also didn't say you were a fair weather 2nd Amendment supporter because you CC. It's what I call those who berate me and others about how I choose to carry like it's wrong. I will not be subject to fear-mongering stating the way I choose to exercise my 2nd amendment will have the consequence of all losing that right.

Before you respond thinking I'm specifically talking about you, I'm not. The only thing you said in this topic before the banter was that you would support a business that only allows CC. That's fine with me and it's better than no carry at all, but I can choose to support those that allow OC over a business that even allows CC.

Yep, I'll support a business that allows CC only.
Not because I'm AGAINST OC, but because they are allowing me the ability to defend myself.

Nope, at no point did I say I was against people who OC'ed, I said I am against people who OC then get on here and whine because they want to go out and test the waters, then make a spectacle of themselves if confronted.

I'm not really sure what the difference is between you getting over the head because he can see your gun, and me getting knocked over the head because he didn't see mine.
I told you already I carry concealed not for tactical reasons, but to avoid annoying people such as in this thread and others.

I do know that if I was a criminal and saw a person carrying a gun, I'd plan on taking him down faster than the average person.

Once you had your head beat in, holster retention probably isn't a factor.

Since I don't use a Serpa holster, mine is pretty easy to draw...you bet.
In fact, it's the same holster I use in competition.

I guess some of us got the impression that you care about CC, since you said we were fair weather 2nd Amendment members.

On another note, I avoid all chain restaurants, as cooking is a hobby of mine and chain restaurants make my head want to explode.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to interrupt this lover's quarrel but did you see ob pg 2 that California Subs invites firearms? Big sandwiches abd not stingy with meat either. Went back yesterday.

There. Lighten it up.

Sent from atop the throne in the last stall using Tapatalk 2 for Android.

Latest posts

Top Bottom