Chick-Fil-A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^^^

They interview applicants
They have standards
They have TRAINING
They have expectations, they express those expectations, expect them to be followed and have consequences when not met.

Many businesses could learn from Chick-Fil-A

I'll also say you just can't "own" a Chick-Fil-A, you have to work in the trenches for more than a few years.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll also say you just can't "own" a Chick-Fil-A, you have to work in the trenches for more than a few years.
Even then you don’t “own” anything, at least in the sense of being able to sell it. The job is called “operator” & is paid on salary plus performance, not by increasing an equity interest in the store. The real estate is owned by CFA corporate.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pretty much refuse to eat at fast food places.
But, I've heard nothing but good things about Chic Fillet and their politics. Have no clue about the food and I'm not a fan boy of chicken with none within many miles from us.
That being said, I'll probably try something there just to try it out if I stumble across one.
We have a dozen fast food places around here. At 2pm they are pretty much vacant, but McDonalds has a line around the building pretty much 24/7.
I don't consider that food suitable for human consumption after eating there a couple of times. What the heck is causing that line when the other joints have zero business when it's not lunch hour or dinner time?
Once upon a time, my wife and I used to joke that they put cocaine in the french fries. Then they changed the recipe, and now they're kind of blah, but every now and again she wants me to buy her a small order. I use it as an excuse to get a quarter pounder. That, their apple pies, and the McGriddles are all I like there. Generally, I'd much rather go to Freddy's.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pretty much refuse to eat at fast food places.
But, I've heard nothing but good things about Chic Fillet and their politics. Have no clue about the food and I'm not a fan boy of chicken with none within many miles from us.
That being said, I'll probably try something there just to try it out if I stumble across one.
We have a dozen fast food places around here. At 2pm they are pretty much vacant, but McDonalds has a line around the building pretty much 24/7.
I don't consider that food suitable for human consumption after eating there a couple of times. What the heck is causing that line when the other joints have zero business when it's not lunch hour or dinner time?
MCD used to be cheap so that offset the quality somewhat. Now it's not cheap, so for the small cost difference I go for real food.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch "Supersize Me"

A large portion of society, especially those under 40, were raised on McD crap. They have been eating it for years and know nothing else.

I will be hungry before eating that dog crap.
Most fast food is beats McD, but just barely. Inflation and minimum wage raises will close a lot places down.
Unfortunately, McD is the Walmart of fast food and will be the last to go.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MCD used to be cheap so that offset the quality somewhat. Now it's not cheap, so for the small cost difference I go for real food.
I remember being able to get a burger, fries, and a drink for a dollar, and get some change back. Lived in Cali at the time, too. Now it's about $40 for the wife, son, and myself. They don't seem to have that basic hamburger anymore, either. Seems to me that the last small order of fries I got was $2.79 all by it's lonesome.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very rarely do I ever go to Chic fil A . I avoid the place. My granddaughters love their 50+ piece chicken nuggets. It lasts them for days.

Every time I have been the drive thru lanes are around the block. The one in Moore recently expanded their drive thru. Place is always crowded. They are successful and efficient.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even then you don’t “own” anything, at least in the sense of being able to sell it. The job is called “operator” & is paid on salary plus performance, not by increasing an equity interest in the store. The real estate is owned by CFA corporate.

I was told it was similar to the agreements that OSI did back in the day, basically a managing partner. You don't own the property, you're right, but you get an equity stake in the bottom line. Not sure if you have to invest in the model like OSI required.

Latest posts

Top Bottom