Church security team...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well said. :thumb:

And this is exactly what me and my team are trying to accomplish. While we are geriatric in our numbers ( I'm the youngest at 54) I feel like we could get the job done when the SHTF.

I finally convinced two of my "younger" members to carry after an extended mental conditioning speech and a trip to the range. I don't think they have quite the same combat mindset as myself, but in a real scenario, they should do ok.

In all honesty, who knows what will happen? You can train, and train, and train some more, and it still may not turn out the way you had hoped.

Are you ready?
This is something I find it hard to anticipate. I was never in the military nor any other role that would purposely test my potential for violence when the situation called for it. I was in some scuffles as a younger, dumber, more hormone driven man, but that isn't the same as a lethal exchange with someone.

I do believe that all people should have the potential for violence alongside the wisdom and maturity to know it should be avoided when possible. I can only hope that if I ever find myself in a situation where violence is the only way my loved ones walk away, I react in a way I can live with for the rest of my life.

Preparation, training, and war gaming it should give a safety team a huge leg up when something unexpected happens whether it is fire, medical emergency, or a threat from another human being. A team that is used to working together will be far more effective than someone just winging it though, the is certain.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda seems like if the Devil sent a killer, that's just an easier way to get to Heaven quicker for those of strong faith. Not sure why security would be needed.
I are have often wondered about the popes bullet proof car. If he is afraid to die where does that put the rest of us?

That said one also has a duty to defend life, both their own and that of others. It is my opinion that pacifism has no place in Christianity. The living are referred to as the Church millitant, also the doctrine of Bellum Justum, Bellum Sacrum etc.

Everybody wants to go to heaven.
Nobody wants to be dead.
Exactly, while martyrdom can be an instant pass so to speak, one also can not seek martyrdom. It is quite plain to see where seeking martyrdom leads if we take a look at Islam.
R (30).jpeg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our church is small, 50 in attendance is a major event, typically 30 or less. The Pastor is ex-military. His military service well before his church service.

A 90 yo woman stood up in the middle service and service and asked that question about security.

Pastor thanks her for the question, that he had been thinking about that very subject and how to bring it up. He didn't feel a great concern for our church because of several things.
1. We are across the street from the police dept.
2. We are a small, rural community and there isn't a lot violence.
3. He wasn't positive, but looking through the congration, he figured there were 9-12, including himself that are armed and ready to confront any problem. As well as, 5 ex-miltary, 4 fire dept, 2 emts, and 2 with industrial emergency backgrounds.

As he spoke, he looked over the crowd and nodded at who he knew/thought were armed. After service, i mentioned this to him. I was the first he had nodded to and watched as he went through the others. A couple, actually surprised me.

As we talked, the "others" slowly joined us. 10 total. We talked and formed what become somewhat organized group, not a team. We are spread out and cover every door and greet visitors.

As mentioned: I want to go heaven, but I don't want to go today.

Side note: blue haired, old lady said she was appalled that the preacher was carrying in church. He responded, "you asked about your security and now are upset that you have it? I'm confused." She sat down and hasn't spoke out again.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I are have often wondered about the popes bullet proof car. If he is afraid to die where does that put the rest of us?

That said one also has a duty to defend life, both their own and that of others. It is my opinion that pacifism has no place in Christianity. The living are referred to as the Church millitant, also the doctrine of Bellum Justum, Bellum Sacrum etc.

I dunno --- seems like that is keying off the flip the tables on the capitalists in the temple story more than the "loved others so much he'd die for them part" to oversimplify things. It does also sound a LOT like what people on here criticize Islam for --- that is the militancy aspect.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno --- seems like that is keying off the flip the tables on the capitalists in the temple story more than the "loved others so much he'd die for them part" to oversimplify things. It does also sound a LOT like what people on here criticize Islam for --- that is the militancy aspect.
The flipping tables did directly lead to the crucifixion...and the death of Christ is quite different than the death of the faithful. I touched on the differences in Islam in the second part of my post, both martyrdom via suicide and sword point conversion are Islamic Doctrine.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The flipping tables did directly lead to the crucifixion...and the death of Christ is quite different than the death of the faithful. I touched on the differences in Islam in the second part of my post, both martyrdom via suicide and sword point conversion are Islamic Doctrine.
And the moral of the story is "don't mess with capitalists money if you don't want to be crucified"?

Latest posts

Top Bottom