Civilian defender: #4 buckshot to the face

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://civiliandefender.com/2023/04/21/12-gauge-4-buckshot-to-the-face/
“In my profession, I see lots of people who have been shot in the face. Rarely, do these people die immediately. They sometimes succumb to an infection, or other complication, but rarely do they die in the immediate aftermath of the gunshot wound. This mostly applies to pistol caliber rounds and I’ve seen all manner of them ranging from .22’s all the way up to the mighty .45 hit someone…”

Sherman A. House DDS

Choprzrul

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait!?… even the “mighty .45?”!!! No way. Everyone knows a .45 will lift a person off the ground and launch them 6ft back. Fake news
There is evidence from WWII of a 1911 45acp taking out German tanks:

esy-034623182.jpg

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is either using a crap shotgun or load. If I was to ever try to shoot someone in the face with one of mine they would never be worried about eyesight again.

Many years ago in Arkansas I shot an extra large doe at right around 65 man sized paces. Rem 870 Magnum Wingmaster fixed full choke 30" with a Winchester double XX 3" 41 pellet grex buffered and copper plated load of number 4 Buck.

The old gal never quivered and just fell over. After peeling the hide there was 17 .24 pellets that had went completely through her chest lung area and were stuck on the inside of the hide on the far side.

You not going anywhere with that in the face. Call the morgue.

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He is either using a crap shotgun or load. If I was to ever try to shoot someone in the face with one of mine they would never be worried about eyesight again.

Many years ago in Arkansas I shot an extra large doe at right around 65 man sized paces. Rem 870 Magnum Wingmaster fixed full choke 30" with a Winchester double XX 3" 41 pellet load of number 4 Buck.

The old gal never quivered and just fell over. After peeling the hide there was 17 pellets that had went completely through her chest lung area and were stuck on the inside of the hide on the far side.

You not going anywhere with that in the face. Call the morgue.
My experiences say different

Latest posts

Top Bottom