CMP 1911s are back up for purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked mine up this past Friday…… Rack grade Remington-Rand frame and slide, correct (original?) barrel. No arsenal rebuild marks, finish is worn but no pitting. All parts appear original (to my untrained eye) except the grip panels. Shoots better than I do, and it ran with my handloads!
2EBAE444-293A-48CA-AC72-D9DA74DD8177.jpeg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reviving the thread because...

CMP just announced Round 4 of 1911 sales. They are now upping the lifetime purchase limit to 2 guns. You can't order 2 this go round, but if you already got one you can submit an application for another.

Info here: 1911 Information - Civilian Marksmanship Program

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or you could skip the cmp process and buy mine. It’s a nice example of the same pistol with no extra cmp stampings (if that’s a thing.) I’m right here in good ole Oklahoma to boot.

Attachments

• IMG_8615.jpeg
    IMG_8615.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8616.jpeg
    IMG_8616.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or you could skip the cmp process and buy mine. It’s a nice example of the same pistol with no extra cmp stampings (if that’s a thing.) I’m right here in good ole Oklahoma to boot.

CMP sells them for less than the low-ball price you were given on yours. A guy just has to be patient and wait out the bureaucracy. It's worth it in the end.

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CMP sells them for less than the low-ball price you were given on yours. A guy just has to be patient and wait out the bureaucracy. It's worth it in the end.
I am going to hold mine for a few days and contemplate if it’s personally worth it to me to have this pistol or to list it. I looked on gun broker and some other sites. I think 1900-2100 is a fair price comparatively.

Latest posts

Top Bottom