CMP 1911s are back up for purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are actually bargain prices for these guns. I'd say they're generally right around 50% of current market value. Of course, that'll vary somewhat depending on the gun and condition but overall I'd say that's a pretty good estimate.

The prices have gone up by about $200 for each grade since the first two sales cycles. Still a bargain for a USGI issue 1911.
Oh dang. Shame I don’t have the cash for one at the moment. I have always liked 1911’s, my buddies cheap Springfield 1911 was always a joy to shoot. I just got out of 45 a while back and never bought one.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just checked the CMP page for this yesterday morning and didn't see this. Thanks for posting!

For anyone interested in a real piece of American firearms history, I highly recommend putting in your packet. It's a pretty painless process and in my experience the CMP under-promises and over-delivers in terms of the quality of their guns.

I put my packet in as soon as the program was announced. My number didn't get selected in the first round but did in the second. It took exactly two years from the date I submitted my package until I got my gun. It was worth the wait.

Here's a couple of pictures of the Colt I got and what it's capable of. Not bad for a 77 year old working gun:

View attachment 299203

View attachment 299204

View attachment 299205
Yours looks just like the one I had to qualify with in 1976. Except yours has a front sight.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is it there's always that one guy who just has to prove, beyond a doubt, how ignorant he is regarding a particular subject? They seem to need to make it a point to piss on everyone's enjoyment.

You may not like the model. You may not want to spend your money on one. But to say these guns are "overpriced" and a "POS" puts your blatant ignorance about these guns and this fantastic program on display for everyone to see. Nice work!

:buttkick:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of them i've handled have been rebuilt after every major conflict. contain no matching parts, and are loose as a goose. Those 4-500 dollar imports are better shooters. For collectors your better off sinking you money into lugers ,p38 and broomhandles, radoms, lahti's .

Latest posts

Top Bottom