CNN Parkland Town Hall Debacle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a hell of a thing to say, but there is one overarching reason why the Parkland aftermath has gotten so bad. Nothing has happened that is horrible enough to push it out of the news cycle. If the Norks decided to make an Olympic parking lot, that town hall never would have occurred.

CNN and every other media outlet is milking Parkland for every ratings point they can squeeze out of it, and unfortunately gun owners and the 2A will suffer the consequences.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'm in the process of suffering through this clusterfark. I'm almost half way through it, they haven't brought out Dana Loesch yet, so it's just Rubio out there all by himself against the crowd, CNN, a dim congressman and a dim Senator. I don't know what you guys saw, maybe it hasn't happened yet, but he's pretty much standing his ground. With that said he IS in the Trump camp on background checks, raising age requirements, etc. but he very plainly stated that to ban AR15s effectively means banning all semu-autos and asked his colleagues if they wanted that. No real answer, just pie in the sky rhetoric. Just a little bit different reality than the version that had him being eaten alive. Oh and Nelson may be Lurch III.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm in the process of suffering through this clusterfark. I'm almost half way through it, they haven't brought out Dana Loesch yet, so it's just Rubio out there all by himself against the crowd, CNN, a dim congressman and a dim Senator. I don't know what you guys saw, maybe it hasn't happened yet, but he's pretty much standing his ground. With that said he IS in the Trump camp on background checks, raising age requirements, etc. but he very plainly stated that to ban AR15s effectively means banning all semu-autos and asked his colleagues if they wanted that. No real answer, just pie in the sky rhetoric. Just a little bit different reality than the version that had him being eaten alive. Oh and Nelson may be Lurch III.

I believe that's called infringing.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe that's called infringing.
Did someone say it wasn't?

Anywho, the media buzz was pretty much just that. Yes Rubio and Loesch were under pressure but it was far from a gutting as portrayed. Under the conditions, I can't say they did a bad job at all. The question is, why even engage in the dialog when the other side is just unwilling to listen?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Did someone say it wasn't?

Anywho, the media buzz was pretty much just that. Yes Rubio and Loesch were under pressure but it was far from a gutting as portrayed. Under the conditions, I can't say they did a bad job at all. The question is, why even engage in the dialog when the other side is just unwilling to listen?

Now there's video of two listening sessions involving the the POTUS, that showed some emotion of course, but overall a very civil sit down discussion. Compare that to the CNN town hall.............rabid and hateful crowd, and attitude on the stage. Rubio and Loesch did a fine job of holding their own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom