Coleman gurus, I could use some guidance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just ordered one!👍 Never messed with Coleman lanterns, but used to have a couple of the old railroad lanterns with the wick and oil that we had to use during the big ice storm about 15 years ago in Missouri when power was out for a week. Only problem was the only oil I had was the citronella for the tiki torches.🤮Bright side no skeeters! :rotflmao:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered one!👍 Never messed with Coleman lanterns, but used to have a couple of the old railroad lanterns with the wick and oil that we had to use during the big ice storm about 15 years ago in Missouri when power was out for a week. Only problem was the only oil I had was the citronella for the tiki torches.🤮Bright side no skeeters! :rotflmao:
I still like the wick lamps especially the hurricane types.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dual fuel... Has anyone here actually used gasoline in one of these lanterns? I can't imagine putting one of the most volatile flash over fuels in a lantern and then lighting its vapor.🤔

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dual fuel... Has anyone here actually used gasoline in one of these lanterns? I can't imagine putting one of the most highest flash over fuels in a lantern and then lighting its vapor.🤔

I was wondering the same thing today while looking for white gas and oil lamp oil.

AA0B79A9-9A6D-433F-980F-6E1C1A937FE9.jpeg

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know there are people on Coleman collectors forum that have dedicated lanterns they use nothing but gasoline in. Aka RUG. Regular unleaded gasoline. As a kid I used gasoline in the lantern but it clogged the generator . But it was still leaded gas back then. Spent a lot of nights sitting on the rip rap on lake dam fishing with a Coleman lantern. And they attract snakes, rats and bugs galore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom