College Grad Not Liking the 40hr Work Week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The complaining lady is getting some feedback.

FOX Business - Gen Z Gets Wake-up Call

I liked the last bit of the story.

"More broadly looking at Gen Z in the workplace, a recent survey from ResumeBuilder revealed that nearly 75% of managers of business leaders say that Gen Z – anyone born from 1997 through the 2000s – are "more difficult to work with than other generations."

Even more concerning, a whopping 49% of business leaders and managers surveyed said it is difficult to work with Gen Z all or most of the time due to lack of communication skills, effort, motivation and even technological skills."
I'm not sure age really matters that much. Some people have great work ethic and some screw off and think the world owes them something. I do think more people in today's work force tend to make excuses instead of accepting responsibility. Just look at some of the posts here as an example. By 9 am tomorrow several members will be reading and making forum posts while they are supposed to be working. Many other members are working hard or have worked many years and are retired. It's all about the integrity and work ethic of an individual.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure age really matters that much. Some people have great work ethic and some screw off and think the world owes them something. I do think more people in today's work force tend to make excuses instead of accepting responsibility. Just look at some of the posts here as an example. By 9 am tomorrow several members will be reading and making forum posts while they are supposed to be working. Many other members are working hard or have worked many years and are retired. It's all about the integrity and work ethic of an individual.
And some retired person will be making assumptions about us working folks posting during work hours… I check during lunch and breaks… sometimes while I’m waiting for tests to finish running. I can’t sweep floors while I wait. Nor can I start anything that requires much thought as that causes me to forget all the complexities of the problem I’m trying to solve. That has high opportunity costs.

:)

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
And some retired person will be making assumptions about us working folks posting during work hours… I check during lunch and breaks… sometimes while I’m waiting for tests to finish running. I can’t sweep floors while I wait. Nor can I start anything that requires much thought as that causes me to forget all the complexities of the problem I’m trying to solve. That has high opportunity costs.

:)
You are on here infrequently during the day but if you're feeling guilty......😉

Latest posts

Top Bottom