colorado or new mexico elk hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
if everything oges right next year my brother,dad and myself are wanting to go elk hunting in one or the other 2 states. i was wondering if anyone has hunted there and did they use a guide?also would like to now about how much it usually cost for something like that? also any recomendations fror a good outfitter. thanks for the help.
kenny

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i've hunted both,depends on which season you want to hunt IE gun ,muzzle loader ,bow. colorado is usually easier to get tags, new mexico better elk

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hunted Colorado a few years ago with Obie and Gary Dickey out of South Fork, CO. Probably find them in the phone book or call the Rainbow Grocery/Sporting Goods and ask for their number. A cow hunt was $1,200 and their bull hunts were $3,500. My hunt could have been over the first hour after I got there but we rode horses up the mountain early the next morning and had elk bugling everywhere and turkeys gobbling down in the bottom. I was cow hunting. Their ranch is in Unit 76 which will take years to draw a tag in but they can get landowner cow tags there sometimes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom