COLT .45's - WWII Matching Commemoratives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:)

Well, I can justify shooting a classic that has already been shot... but these... they haven't even been racked... their virgins.... I couldn't bring myself to taint them. :)

Last time I was at the Smithsonian (not to mention a few other museums I broke out in hives... M1's with 1 digit serial numbers, 1911's that were toolroom guns.... 1 of 1000 Winchester rifles that lived in a velvet lined case......

"must shoot, must shoot....."

In all seriousness I wouldnt rack those guns... but I'd have to fight the urge!:rubhands:

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:)

Well, I can justify shooting a classic that has already been shot... but these... they haven't even been racked... their virgins.... I couldn't bring myself to taint them. :)

Last time I was at the Smithsonian (not to mention a few other museums I broke out in hives... M1's with 1 digit serial numbers, 1911's that were toolroom guns.... 1 of 1000 Winchester rifles that lived in a velvet lined case......

"must shoot, must shoot....."

In all seriousness I wouldnt rack those guns... but I'd have to fight the urge!:rubhands:

You know, all four times I've been to DC, the American History Smithsonian has been closed one way or another.

It's like I'm destined never to see it. :anyone:

No joke, the first year I went, I literally just stepped in the door and passed through security and some bonehead decided to drive a big John Deere into the Washington Monument reflection pool, and said he had planted bombs around the city... so they ushered us out. :(

Every other time, it has been closed for remodeling.

Buzz70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to have something like that. I thought they were beautiful too, however I can't justify buying guns I'll never shoot (besides I'm I'm currently saving up for an Ed Brown). I have one gun I'll never shoot but it was a gift from my Dad from 40 years ago. Too bad you had to sell them.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had the type of money necessary to buy those, I would probably donate them to a museum. That condition, with everything how it is, those are museum pieces. That's just my opinion. Take it for as little as it's worth :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom