COLT .45's - WWII Matching Commemoratives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, within 2 weeks and advertising the set only on this board, I got a cash offer on them and they are now in a collectors hands.

After selling them he told me that they could have brought $3500...

Oh well, I'm happy that they found a good home!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought they were overpriced as it was only half of the set. I've seen them several times over the past few years for right at $1000 each, including a whole 4 piece set at OPS a little over a year ago. They aren't as rare as never seeing one for the rest of your life though. :D They have a set at Dong's on the wall I believe.

Neat guns though.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought they were overpriced as it was only half of the set. I've seen them several times over the past few years for right at $1000 each, including a whole a real 4 piece set at OPS a little over a year ago. They aren't as rare as never seeing one for the rest of your life though. :D They have a set at Dong's on the wall I believe.

Neat guns though.

Don't you hate it when you post something and are completely wrong?

There are only 2 guns in the set, 'ETO' and 'PTO'. This is a complete set and a collector was happy to get them for my asking price.

But thanks for your insight, it was very helpful.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you hate it when you post something and are completely wrong?

There are only 2 guns in the set, 'ETO' and 'PTO'. This is a complete set and a collector was happy to get them for my asking price.

But thanks for your insight, it was very helpful.

I apologize I was mistaken. You're right I thought this was half of the 4 pc WWI set which is more likely to command that price.

I'm not knocking getting all you can for your guns by any means, don't take it personally. I'm just saying to the OP that you can beat those prices if you shop around. Either way, I remember OPS had the WWII guns up there aswell for quite a bit less and they sat up there for quite some time. Just sayin to the "omg I'll never see one of those again" comments.... that you will see them again if you look around. It's not a once in a lifetime find.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, within 2 weeks and advertising the set only on this board, I got a cash offer on them and they are now in a collectors hands.

After selling them he told me that they could have brought $3500...

Oh well, I'm happy that they found a good home!
Sweet man, glad you were able to sale them, wish I could have seen them before you got rid of them.

So what, he bought them from you, then said you coulda gotten $3500?? That's a crappy thing to say, lol.

I apologize I was mistaken. You're right I thought this was half of the 4 pc WWI set which is more likely to command that price.

I'm not knocking getting all you can for your guns by any means, don't take it personally. I'm just saying to the OP that you can beat those prices if you shop around. Either way, I remember OPS had the WWII guns up there aswell for quite a bit less and they sat up there for quite some time. Just sayin to the "omg I'll never see one of those again" comments.... that you will see them again if you look around. It's not a once in a lifetime find.

IDK, seemed like a decent find to me. I've never ran across any like that, especially in the condition and packaging.

Neat to look at anyways!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never ran across any like that, especially in the condition and packaging.

I want to say OPS had the WWII set for the better part of a year before they sold? The WWI set even longer if IRCC. Dong's has a WWI set for display only.

Latest posts

Top Bottom