Compact 1911 (Officer) recommendations...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good friend of mine has a Springer EMP .45 and is unhappy with it for whatever reason. He is wanting to get another Officer sized, and he is wondering which one to get. I'm not an Officer sized 1911 guy, so I thought I would turn to you guys.

So, for under $1000... what's your pick for the most relible and most accurate pistol?

He's thinking Kimber... but I'm not so sure about that. I hear that Para's are decent guns, but again, I don't know anything about them.

I tried to get him to buy a Nighthawk... but they don't make an Officer... and he doesn't want to spend $3000. :)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Springer doesn't make an EMP in .45.

They made a "micro compact"?

In which I suggest he try a true EMP in .40 if he wants one. Otherwise you will spend more than $1000 on a kimber. Colt officer models are always a good choice IMHO.

Para is FAR down the list in terms of reliability and history of QC problems.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Rock Island Armory Compact/Officer model a couple years ago and it's been great. Liked it so much I got the GI model. Both have been 100% reliable, accurate and best of all under $500. Reviews on them have been good but I think customizing them is not that easy if that is what one wants to do. You can do some things, which is all I needed.

okjoek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an older Kimber compact stainless. Its heavy so its really fun to shoot. Its my "by the bed gun" so weight is not an issue, I like it a lot. Has always worked flawlessly, has night sights and crimson trace so its set up for my use.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good friend of mine has a Springer EMP .45 and is unhappy with it for whatever reason. He is wanting to get another Officer sized, and he is wondering which one to get. I'm not an Officer sized 1911 guy, so I thought I would turn to you guys.

So, for under $1000... what's your pick for the most relible and most accurate pistol?

He's thinking Kimber... but I'm not so sure about that. I hear that Para's are decent guns, but again, I don't know anything about them.

I tried to get him to buy a Nighthawk... but they don't make an Officer... and he doesn't want to spend $3000. :)

Trax, why does he think he doesn't like it? Likely the grip being so short? That's a small gun for a .45. maybe talk to him about going up to the Commander size?

You can buy several nice Commander sized 1911's for under $1000. I think even a Kimber Pro Carry (+-$900)

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_procarry2right.jpg

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trax, why does he think he doesn't like it? Likely the grip being so short? That's a small gun for a .45. maybe talk to him about going up to the Commander size?

You can buy several nice Commander sized 1911's for under $1000. I think even a Kimber Pro Carry (+-$900)

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_procarry2right.jpg

He feels like it's not fully reliable. I've only shot it a handful of times, so I cannot testify to that.

It has around 3-400 rounds through it... so I told him that $20 worth of springs and it's liable to take care of all issues.

I tried to talk him into a commander, but he CCW's it on his ankle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom