Computer question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you use am HDMI splitter to run separate programs on 2 monitors, or do you need a video card with 2 HDMI ports? Asking for a friend who needs Zoom meetings on one monitor, programs open on another.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many ways to do it, basically need to use separate connectors off the video card. They don’t have to be hdmi,
or even the same type of connector.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never looked into what you are asking about since I have dual hdmi but you got me curious.
This might do what you are looking to do.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...sh-20&linkId=c4c8f7199044b537b877db2b186c2668
From here:
https://plentyofgadgets.com/how-to-setup-dual-monitors-with-hdmi-splitter/
Edited to correct amazon link.
That looks like it will work and is cheaper than a video card with 2 HDMI ports. She already needs to but 2 monitors so this should help.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you sure your computer doesn't already have two video outputs? It would have to be pretty old... maybe post a picture of the back? I'm assuming it's a desktop...

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks like it will work and is cheaper than a video card with 2 HDMI ports. She already needs to but 2 monitors so this should help.
Until you understand what connectors you have, what connectors the video cards have, don’t bother wasting money.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If her computer has both DVI and HDMI, then she can use either an DVI to HDMI cable OR if her monitor has a DVI input she can use an HDMI for one and DVI for the other. If she only has one HDMI output, then you need to get an HDMI adapter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom