Confirmed: Next-Gen Dodge Charger, Challenger Will Be Electric Only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
what ya'll are missing is the electric vehicle is going to be mandated, it's without a doubt better performance, and it's going to happen.

if you like ice autos (i do), then keep yours. but soon manufacturers won't even offer anything but ev's, and this will be mandated. the only market for internal combustion will be the used one. keep this in mind when you see that attractive used car market. only sell if you REALLY must.

those hispanics dudes coming around can't be only visiting me lol. i tell 'em to go kick rocks. they know what's coming, and they are making deals that seem INSANE in 20-40 years. people are GIVING AWAY their used cars to these people, and they are mostly chain pulling them the mexico. see it any time you get on the turnpike or 35 headed south.

that being said, the boomer cope on thinking a dual motor ala the 918 or the ferrari the ferrari isn't superior in literally *every* way to rwd or awd ice auto is......just ignoring reality lol. a tesla minivan WILL destroy your heavy v8. easily.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I worked downtown it’s easy to put 100 miles a day on my car. When I was running my kids around my batteries would be drained. The hybrid would be a better solution for me.

my biggest issues

1. no resale value after 7 or 8 years. No one wants your car when the power bank needs replaced.

2. double your electric bill, that’s a lot of gas.

3. no power or restrictions on power, no car

4. Electric isn’t produced by wind and solar, mainly natural gas, coal, or nuclear currently. So your not green.

5. cost. The cost to benefit ratio isn’t there IMO.

6. lack of charging stations

JMO but a city dweller that wants to trade every 3 or 4 years it may work for you but not for me.
1. this is true, but that's the point of government regulation. a free and open market of used vehicles is hard to trace and dominate, thus they are destroying the used auto market. first with cash for clunkers, now with forcing manufacturers to only produce EV's. this will kill a used auto market because as you said, you and everyone else WILL just buy another one every decade or so; there will be virtually no used EV market. and the only used ICE auto market may be EXTREMELY hard to enter with a RIDICULOUS monetary entry point, IF NOT basically being psuedo illegal/underground because selling ice autos might be illegal by then anyway and/or at least driving one on public roads. ie; used internal combustion autos that work, are easily fixed with still easy to get parts, and can't be remotely shut down will be worth six figures. without a doubt. any car. any truck. if it fits this description, it will have MASSIVE value in the coming decades.

2. double your electric bill. yeah charging your tesla seems like a risky move when your house is struggling to hold 78f without *already* doubling your electric bill. but people WILL pay it.

3. part of the allure of the EV market for manufacturers and governments is that they by design give both incredible power. remote shutdown, remote access, real time telemetry, every system drive by wire, etc etc. yes this is already true of many post OBD II vehicles, BUT not on the level of EV's, particularly teslas. we've all seen "i was behind on my bill and tesla just sent an update to my car that locked out half my range" or stories of "some servers are down somewhere, and i can't unlock my car". this isn't a bug; it's a feature. again; both manufacturers and governments LOVE THIS, so it's happening. saying consumers won't embrace it or like it is missing the point about how GM doesn't even need to sell a product from the tarp funds they are still getting. didn't you know the president has ALWAYS had the power to fire private sector employees, obama was just the first to do it? <_<

4. >not green. again, that's not even the point. the point is absolute control in a technocratic, surveilled, sterile society. everyone knows where you are, where you are going, when you get there, and who are you with. always. EV's work towards this future; thus they get a free pass. the rest is just nonsense to appeal to normies and it works.

5. >cost to benefit. eh, you are looking from a consumer standpoint. i haven't driven an EV, but i do know a guy who at least had a 918 for a bit. he's got a lot of absolute race tuned porsche's, and he certainly seemed to think the 918 was worth the price tag. while i agree we'll see in a decade how much a 10 year old tesla goes for, but most people lose on "new" cars anyway because lets be real new car prices are insane. the only way to get sure returns on autos are buy exotic, buy limited, or buy and just MAINTAIN. it's taken a long time for even muscle cars and whatnot to turn profit, and that curve is about to start moving higher no doubt. but most people are buying cars now that won't be a premium in the future, due to noted reason above.

6. >lack of charging station. the best option is a power wall.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everything is bland now, passionless. No skill to hit an accelerator pedal in an electric, traction control does the job. A real driver's car encourages one to drive well and pay attention. A real drag racer has to know when to shift, when to lift and when to get in the grove and make sure everything is right. I like my 6 speed manual, the V-8 rumble and the rear of the car wanting to go right or left depending on tire pressure, angle, traction and roadway. Love the smell of unburnt hydrocarbons. Electric cars are un-human. I will also say this, most electrics have no panache, they look like suppositories with tires. The interior is about as classy as a hospital room with led mood lights.
I love this! I like your style.. I own 2 manual transmission vehicles myself. Love ‘em. You steer an automatic, you DRIVE a manual.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The other Question is how they plan on generating all that electricity. Coal?
Well my liberal brother-in-law tells me of all these amazing new green energy solutions that will be invented soon. If only those darn republicans would get out of the way… lol

In all honesty, Id guess the future being more likely to get worse. Something along the lines of global economic collapse and ww3 seem more plausible to me, vs. some amazing futuristic green energy utopia. The next 20yrs will be telling

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A total rebuild of the power grid will take decades to address the additional loads on the power grid. Battery technology will have to advance.

185 miles on a ford electric PU and 85 miles towing has these as viable for city and burbs only.

JMO, this technology isn’t magic.

Theres really no practical use for a daily driver to have 500+ hp IMO, only a bunch of poor drivers getting killed. Until you get your 13 second car out of the high 13s to mid 14s hp isn’t the answer and on the strip it a painful truth.
Believe me, I know that it sucks. I love my old 01 4wd ford truck that gets 11/14mpg which I’m sure is worse than the 500+hp stuff that’s out now. And it’s only rated at 260hp from the factory new. It’s probably closer to just 200hp now after the 240k miles that have been put on it. But I’d still rather drive it than one of these electric cars that sound like a golf cart when they take off. But there’s no use fighting it. I’m hoping that battery life for long distances improve plus more rapid charging centers start to emerge as the number of electric cars increases. Plus it’s kinda nice knowing that all you need to re-fuel is just a 220v outlet as opposed to being near the next gas station. Also something that’d really come in handy if you live out in the middle of nowhere.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my liberal brother-in-law tells me of all these amazing new green energy solutions that will be invented soon. If only those darn republicans would get out of the way… lol

In all honesty, Id guess the future being more likely to get worse. Something along the lines of global economic collapse and ww3 seem more plausible to me, vs. some amazing futuristic green energy utopia. The next 20yrs will be telling
I’m definitely no liberal but I really hope for the latter as opposed to the former. I would think that anyone in their right mind would want the same unless they’re just some bloodthirsty anarchist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom